La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 4-2

jamrock

It is starting him and playing in way that leaves him exposed and still thinking he is best DM in world.

Mind boggling.

Exactly he gets exposed in every single came against decent opposition & even inferior ones, yet no one who actually coaches him seems to see that.

I don't know what he's doing in practice, but it doesn't .through on game days.

JamDav1982

Exactly he gets exposed in every single came against decent opposition & even inferior ones, yet no one who actually coaches him seems to see that.

I don't know what he's doing in practice, but it doesn't .through on game days.

That is what is hard to watch.. most other legendary players who age adapt or at very least team adapts for them to cover some weaknesses if still other areas that are top level.

With Busi it is just play him as did 10-12 years ago and ignore everything he cant do.

There is a decent chance today I think that FDJ will stay closer to him and protect DM side on left to allow Alba to get forward and Gavi inside nearer other mids.

Basically FDJ in area can try to protect both Busi and Alba but back then to same old issue of players being used to alter their natural game for old legs which Barca been guilty of for years.

Kul_z

Lemar, koke, carrasco and de paul against busi, pedri and de jong. Good luck with that

JamDav1982

Lemar, koke, carrasco and de paul against busi, pedri and de jong. Good luck with that

They will sit back and try to pull CBs out again, quick ball out wide to Carrasco/Lemar then into attaking players in and around area early.

Hope Barca learned from last match.

Cant have Felix dropping into space and CBs/Busi at sixes and sevens not knowing how to defend it. All starts from there.

ajnotkeith

Gavi's games at winger have mostly been poor. So this choice is quite confusing. But he is good at combining and playing those one twos so maybe with a smart player like Ferran it could be easier.

Gari

The coach who puts up the defense in Barcelona will start the path to success. Xavi does not understand this?

Home of Barca Fans