La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Alaves 5-1

gregorrin10

Great to see Ilaix, hopefully this means Koeman has written off Pjanic completely! Although I wouldn't mind him playing today to give rest to Busquets, but that's the only position he should be considered as, really glad Koeman seemingly sees it like that too. Ilaix much more suited to that box to box role, and Puig of course replacing Pedri. They simply HAVE to be ahead of Pjanic in the pecking order, when it comes to the two CM spots. Probably last chance for Firpo tonight, if he doesn't have a good game, he might not feature this season at all, especially if we go out against PSG already, and if at least one of Dest or Roberto stay fit.

If Dest won't be ready on Tuesday, I honestly wouldn't mind De Jong at CB, even though we would be significantly weaker in midfield, but hopefully Puig and Pedri can then play together and make the magic happen. If Dest comes back though, I'd put Mingueza at CB and the gala midfield, with Puig and possibly Moriba coming on in the 2nd half. Anything to not see Mbappe running rings around Umtiti. He'll toy with Lenglet already, but with Umtiti it would be even worse because of the pace. Of course best case scenario would be Araujo somehow being fit and pairing him with Lenglet, but I don't think that will happen unfortunately.

Bobo32

4-3-3 when defending, 3-1-4-2 when building up

Early buildup. Mingueza advancing too much then, him with the ball on the sideline is a bad option, but mostly where we end up, Trincao not finding any space but moving in too much, crowding.
Griezmann too mobile as well, just killing space.

Raketa10

We are playing only through the middle. Our wingers aren't doing shit. As a result it's unbelievably easy to defend against us.

Last edited:

serghei

Gotta love Mingueza. Man has blood on his left ankle showing through the sock, but gives no shit and plays on.

Bobo32

wtf Griezmann walking like Messi, being gifted the ball twice, but too slow. What is he doing?

Windhook

Messi is about 20% involved in this game, focused on the PSG match this week. A good opportunity for the youngsters to gain some experience.

Home of Barca Fans