La Liga | Round 14: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 1-3

Bobo32

Couldn't watch the match but the highlights. Have we turned into a better team?

Nah not really. I think yesterdays game was poorer than some of Koemans even. The result was good and they arrived at enough chances to crush Villarreal, but there was too little control and they really struggled in the buildup.

Daisymorr

I missed the game last night but I see we got a very good result.

How did we play? 1-3 win deserved or did we ride our luck? Seems like we had a lot of Possession which is good.

What players stood out for good and bad?

OVI9323

How did we play? 1-3 win deserved or did we ride our luck? Seems like we had a lot of Possession which is good.

The score didn't reflect the game, system was not coherent at all , the only think that we should keep from it was the fighting spirit of the team

Good : Frenkie, Abde (at least the first minutes), Araujo
Bad : Memphis (Although he saved us this game), mingueza, Eric Garcia was terrible

serghei

Deserved to win in the end, but we suffered and didn't control possession well. Xavi's 3 atb system didn't work well and we had many issues trying to pass from the back in both halves half the time. Mins 20-45, and 65-85 were Villareal dominating and us struggling to beat their press.

There are things to improve obviously, and Villareal drew with both Atletico and Real Madrid this season. Top Spanish team, no wonder they play in CL and are EL holders.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Just saw the penalty claims again, the ones against Pique and Garcia. Man we were lucky not to concede a pen. Both were pretty clear, especially Pique's.

Home of Barca Fans