La Liga Round 1: Getafe - Barca 0-0

Loki

If doctors enter the field without a yellow card shown our player has to go out of the pitch. We'd basically be playing with 10 men considering the volume of the dirty shit Getafe did.
Doesn't matter those 20 secs outside the field. The ref would be forced to start noticing those hidden assaults. If it's the only way to get his attention, then do it until LaLiga reacts.

ATLBarcaFan

And low tempo, a lot filming and crap. It's boring. I was watching PL today and it's so quick and players are fast. Totally different experience. LaLiga is a dinosaur league in terms of entertainment.

Tebas is totally wrong guy to lead this league.
Yep, games are damn near unwatchable. I watched first half of Newcastle game and it was brilliant, back and forth action. Barca have been boring for last several years, I don't know why I put myself through it.

raskolnikov

Yep, games are damn near unwatchable. I watched first half of Newcastle game and it was brilliant, back and forth action. Barca have been boring for last several years, I don't know why I put myself through it.
Cause we are fans, every now and then I wonder why I bother to watch these matches. Im on my phone almost more than watching the games I think. Could be worse though, we could be Getafe fans.

MTL_Barca

Problem is ref doesn't see it in real time and VAR can't intervene to give just a yellow card. That's why these fuckers managed to get away time and time again.
One of the things i don't like about VAR. We have the technology, just use it.

I get how it's not done for every throw-in etc. but imo hidden fouls like stepping on someones foot, elbow punches and shit like that should never go unpunished. Yellow cards can be big deal too, so it's not like it's not an important factor.

Not like it would happen 10 times each game (well mayne except yesterday lol) and take up too much time.

JamDav1982

In UK when La Liga used to be on SKY it was EPL then usually La Liga games later that night. Full day of watching football and La Liga was the step up to see the best players.

Most folk I know would watch some Spanish Football then.

Now?

It is hard to even find the La Liga games. They are of poor quality and a big drop down from EPL in both quality and entertainment.

Genuinely do not know one other person that watches any Spanish fooball at weekend now.

serghei

It is because Barca and Madrid are not what they were 6-8 years ago when they used to dominate Europe. La Liga has fallen behind in terms of the best players playing in this league.

fergus90

I think La Liga might actually have the least exposure out of the European top leagues in the UK now. It made an error by moving to that Eleven sports that was only available via app or browser. Never really recovered after that, and then going to Viasports or whatever its called now. There's about 5 free to air games a season on ITV I think and that's it.

Sky - PL and Bundesliga
TNT- CL, Europa League, Serie A, Ligue 1

It used to be massive, even had Revista de La Liga on in the week too etc

JamDav1982

They were looking at that pen for a good while it felt like.

Really it was ten mins injury time and 5 played if looking at that for 5 mins or so.

Zidane82

Why?

I don't think he should. He's a dirty player and did a great job with the shithousery. He was just being clever and doing his wind up job.

The clear difference between what he did and hitting someone on the head and face is that it stands out as a particularly unnatural arm position and deliberate act and that's where most refs draw the line. That Suarez elbow is a yellow at worst. Suarez was smart(and a bit lucky). Raphinha was dumb.
I usually agree with your assessment by you are wide of the mark here. ..watching Suarez was like watching vintage Pepe . Elbows , body checks , actually throwing Lewa to the ground , constantly leaving his foot in .,

Zidane82

Just watching ManU v Wolves

We complain about our refs : VAR but they’re ten times better than last night’s guy

Martinez is our league’s equivalent to Getafe’s Suarez but the refs know what he’s like .

He took one guy out after about 8 minutes and was booked immediately .

Another thing our refs do is if there’s a foul they allow play to continue then book the guy a few minutes later .., they don’t seem to do that in Spain

Temptation

I usually agree with your assessment by you are wide of the mark here. ..watching Suarez was like watching vintage Pepe . Elbows , body checks , actually throwing Lewa to the ground , constantly leaving his foot in .,
None of those things you mentioned result in straight red cards. Was Suarez lucky? Yes. Was Suarez smart? Yes.

That's what masters of shithousery do. They "get away with murder" on the pitch. It's a skill. Ask Fernandinho.

JamDav1982

Just watching ManU v Wolves

We complain about our refs : VAR but they’re ten times better than last night’s guy

Martinez is our league’s equivalent to Getafe’s Suarez but the refs know what he’s like .

He took one guy out after about 8 minutes and was booked immediately .

Another thing our refs do is if there’s a foul they allow play to continue then book the guy a few minutes later .., they don’t seem to do that in Spain

That yellow for Matinez would be yellow all day long in Spain.

In game last night the ref played advantage and came back to book Getafe player.

Home of Barca Fans