La Liga Round 1: Getafe - Barca 0-0

Zidane82

If Pep or Arteta were our coach we wouldn't be watching this garbage every week for almost two years now.

I fell asleep late second half, which happens often now. Funny not so many years ago was impossible with excitement watching Iniesta, Ney, Messi, Puig.
Arteta would transform these players but why would he leave the squad he has at Arsenal ?

Co0ter

We have some fantastic players. Players that have looked great under different coaches. The underlying theme is the players come here and look like garbage. That is because our coach is garbage. After 2 years we still have no tactics, strategy or flow on the pitch. No style. With Dembele gone, wing and cross is also gone and it seemed to be the only thing Xavi could come up with.

As I've said before and got shit for, Kounde continuing to look awful just as he did in both preseason and the end of last season.

Messigician

Bordalas (Wrestling coach): "We are proud that we have the best League in the world and Xavi's statements does not do La Liga any favors, We have to defend our League."

Nucky

I knew, had a bad feeling before the game and here it is.. Lost 2 points in the first round.. This season is gonna be the worst probably, I assume we will barley make it to Champions League spot, then again gettin knocked out in group stage of UCL, then also in Europe League since Barca isn't even slightly capable of winning anything.. Don't expect trophies this season, hope we at least make it to Europa League group stage next season. Our reality is group stage of Europa League/Conference League for next season.. In UCL we will probably lose every game

Loki

Bordalas (Wrestling coach): "We are proud that we have the best League in the world and Xavi's statements does not do La Liga any favors, We have to defend our League."
This wannabe 50y old Hipster is a very good reason LaLiga can't grow properly, because nobody wants to spend 2 hours looking at his unsportsmanlike shit team.

raskolnikov

That guy is a disgrace - look at some of the things Suarez did - I still don’t understand why nothing is being done about him . In England if there is a violent incident like the ones shown in replays the player would face disrepute charges
Players like that get away with fouls too much. I never get why refs are not booking them straight away but letting them get 7/8 yellow worthy fouls in before finally booking him.
Same with Casemiro or Pepe a few years ago.

MTL_Barca

This wannabe 50y old Hipster is a very good reason LaLiga can't grow properly, because nobody wants to spend 2 hours looking at his unsportsmanlike shit team.
I wouldn't even blame the coaches/teams that play like that, it's the refs that don't stop it. If you want to play dirty do it, but expect to have 10+ cards by the 60th minute.

Getafe could've easily gotten multiple yellows first half alone, VAR should step in for these shitty hidden fouls too. On one hand the tiniest touch can be a penalty and on the other hand you can field a team full of butchers with little or sometimes even no serious consequences.

La Liga refs are the worst but imo the whole system is a bit messed up when it comes to teams playing like that. Just pull out the card at first instance of that shit, instead of waiting for the 3rd (or more) yellow worthy foul with every player.

Andresito

Staff member
Problem is ref doesn't see it in real time and VAR can't intervene to give just a yellow card. That's why these fuckers managed to get away time and time again.

Loki

Problem is ref doesn't see it in real time and VAR can't intervene to give just a yellow card. That's why these fuckers managed to get away time and time again.
Then players have to start acting. Just lay down for a couple of minutes after every dirty hidden foul. Let the doctors come on the field, make a clowns show out of it and force the ref to start noticing their behaviour if he is too stupid to see it.

Andresito

Staff member
Then players have to start acting. Just lay down for a couple of minutes after every dirty hidden foul. Let the doctors come on the field, make a clowns show out of it and force the ref to start noticing their behaviour if he is too stupid to see it.
If doctors enter the field without a yellow card shown our player has to go out of the pitch. We'd basically be playing with 10 men considering the volume of the dirty shit Getafe did.

Temptation

Damian Suarez should have been off though.
Why?

I don't think he should. He's a dirty player and did a great job with the shithousery. He was just being clever and doing his wind up job.

The clear difference between what he did and hitting someone on the head and face is that it stands out as a particularly unnatural arm position and deliberate act and that's where most refs draw the line. That Suarez elbow is a yellow at worst. Suarez was smart(and a bit lucky). Raphinha was dumb.

Home of Barca Fans