La Liga Round 1: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-0

Jaguar

Flair Trait
A much harder game next week. If we play like this we are doomed and have pretty much lost the league already if we don't win.

serghei

Bernardo has been doing that at City.
So ready to be the perfect interior in all respects

Most City players around the area of the ball do that. With Barca, they wait for the ball in their position, but this is not useful if a sector is cluttered and the ball will not come out. You need to adapt to the situation and find solutions: bringing more men near the ball and developing combinations in short spaces, or playing more direct and by-pass the crowded area using longer balls.

We are doing neither, but rather pass to Busi only for the ball to be passed back to CBs and fullbacks, which fullbacks are now the worst part of the team.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Definitely disappointing, we were the better team but couldn't find the goal - apart from the penalties that you know we were never going to get with Hernandez Hernandez. The one right in front of him, perfect example of how corrupt the RFEF is

I think Xavi has to get some criticism here playing Araujo there in these matchups, things were better with Roberto. We're definitely not effective linking the midfield into attack and for someone of Xavi's pedigree, that should be his bread & butter. Now, rather than those who think Frenkie was a solution there's no question Bernardo would've unlocked many situations and played the ball forward into dangerous positions. That's missing and that we're not getting yet from Gavi consistently

No question we need a RB

Devils

This is definitely on Xavi. Total tactical mess yesterday with virtually no cohesion in the team.

Awful awful stuff.

serghei

Xavi needs to work fast to figure it out, because you can't afford to have a terrible start like last season. Madrid will run away with the league if we waste easy points like that.

He clearly has a problem vs disciplined defensive teams that can play with intensity and organization.

JerseyAddict

Xavi needs to work fast to figure it out, because you can't afford to have a terrible start like last season. Madrid will run away with the league if we waste easy points like that.

He clearly has a problem vs disciplined defensive teams that can play with intensity and organization.

Xavi is green. This is not some "easy peasy league" he is used to

Iniesta Ultra

I don't know anything about Galtier but PSG keeps rocking like this through the season would love to have him here. I mean even I weren't genius enough to consider putting Mbappe on the right, much less asking his permission to do so. Dude wouldn't have been scared to play Puig, keep midfield open, or reinvigorate dna.

Messi983

Anoeta probably not the place to do experiments so don't expect it to happen but I'd go with:

MATS
FDJ-Araujo-Christensen-Alba
Pedri-Pjanic-Kessie
Raphinha-Lewy-Dembouz

Zidane82

Liverpool had the same problem last night against Palace who played 4:5:1 and when Liverpool had Nunez sent off they went 5:4:1 !!

Porque

I don't know anything about Galtier but PSG keeps rocking like this through the season would love to have him here. I mean even I weren't genius enough to consider putting Mbappe on the right, much less asking his permission to do so. Dude wouldn't have been scared to play Puig, keep midfield open, or reinvigorate dna.

Guy plays basic as shit but got his teams going with incredible energy and motivation. Got that typical french cuntagance too which will sit well with coach Mbappe.

Lets see how he does against other top managers.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ney and Messi look a lot more motivated than last season which also helps the team. If Mbappe stops his childish behaviour they have a good chance to win the cl.

Home of Barca Fans