La Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-0

Rory

Frenkie looked ready to take on the responsibility of the midfield a month ago...now he looks like a young boy scared on the ball again

Bobo32

Everything is just random. No patterns of play or trained combinations. Also, not a single pair of our players have a connection. Alba and Messi used to have it. Now, nothing.

I was going to point this out, but didn't want to moan too much.
Every single Barcelona player is better than pretty much every Elche player at pretty much everything. Elches expected points so far this season is 12.
Still, it even looks like two pretty even teams playing in some sequences - Eibar get to build up their play without any pressure sometimes, and can find their was pretty easily on some occasions.
Well Barcelona have most of the ball, but no ideas at all! It's strange to think that most of these players are regarded as 'intelligent' players, they run in each others ways, play ineffectively and make mistakes.
Still, the difference of quality will probably decide this game in the end.

serghei

I'm watching 2011 CL final on youtube in parallel with this.

It's like Terminator II vs Terminator Dark Fate.

Bobo32

lol Trincao trying to dribble, lose it 1v3, then Elche losing the ball to Trincao again, being 3v1 and in perfect position to counter

JamDav1982

Pedri has a long way to go.

Doesnt get involved enough. Needs to move his feet quicker to try and get on ball more and be sharper on it rather than trying to suck players in for some fancy move that doesnt achieve much.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Trincao the only player trying to do something in attack. Messi is hardly giving a damn. I'm tired of watching the same slow lethargic football, it really has come back lately.

Home of Barca Fans