• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

Squad is average and very old. No legs anywhere in the team.

I didn't rate Lotepegui too highly but the fact he got this team (plus Kounde and Carlos obv) to top4 is quite some achievement.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Espanyol had been quite lively and dominating the play in the first half against Villarreal.

I see us struggling against them after the WC without Lewandowski.

khaled_a_d

Squad is average and very old. No legs anywhere in the team.

I didn't rate Lotepegui too highly but the fact he got this team (plus Kounde and Carlos obv) to top4 is quite some achievement.

Writing was on the wall last year, with poor second half of the season.
Coach lost the team basically despite 2.5 good years, squad is old, best players were on the market.
Sevilla needed youth (and cash) injection, and they failed in that regard.
Not sure they can do it with no CL money anymore.
Their cycle surely seems coming to an end for foreseeable future

Messi983

Another problem is most of their signings were coming late and injured/not in physical state to play. And I think they were not playing that bad in most games I've watched but just always stay short because they can't score nor defend (understandable as they've failed to replace their two CBs who were a big reason for their success last year).

It's also positive they didn't gave up and played good 2nd half with 9 men.

also, a bit OT: Sevilla rebuild is one of the first things I plan to do in FM23.

Porque

Another problem is most of their signings were coming late and injured/not in physical state to play. And I think they were not playing that bad in most games I've watched but just always stay short because they can't score nor defend (understandable as they've failed to replace their two CBs who were a big reason for their success last year).

It's also positive they didn't gave up and played good 2nd half with 9 men.

also, a bit OT: Sevilla rebuild is one of the first things I plan to do in FM23.

Yeah.

It must be really limited for a sporting director that because of the LaLiga cap rulings that you have to sell before being able to buy. Villarreal and Sevilla both really suffered from that this past market and never had a chance to European runs/successes.

You look at Napoli for example and they made big improvements in one window by making signings that Sevilla would usually make. And it is madness because Sevilla actually made more in sales than Napoli this season and last season while spending around 30m less.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah.

It must be really limited for a sporting director that because of the LaLiga cap rulings that you have to sell before being able to buy. Villarreal and Sevilla both really suffered from that this past market and never had a chance to European runs/successes.

You look at Napoli for example and they made big improvements in one window by making signings that Sevilla would usually make. And it is madness because Sevilla actually made more in sales than Napoli this season and last season while spending around 30m less.

Spot on. It's tough to buy replacements at the end of the window anyway and more expensive(at least if you look at Chelsea and ManU buys end of the window). You have to pay way more and less time to organise targets.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't even know if it'd be an upset when you look at history, our current form, given Benzema is out (was key to creating chances against them each time we did score) and circumstances.

- we're yet to beat Cadiz at home. 2 seasons they've been up we've lost to them at Di Stefano under Zidane and drew 0-0 under Carlo. Even managed to draw them in May when league was won.
- they've beat Atletico, who play similar style to us, albeit at home; they also find it easier to draw games against teams playing cagey
- they got hammered by Rayo, Barca, Celta and Bilbao

After all they have 5 Madrid canteranos in team so no wonder these is how they match up against other teams in the league.

Yup
Can quite easily draw this

I suppose up to Cadiz if they keep solid for 90 mins

El Gato

Villarato!
Are Madrid allergic to clean sheets or something?

Almost like they don't intimidate opponents like we do despite being better.

Nah this is straight WC complacency
Think they can win everything in 2nd gear and zone out the moment they get comfortable lead
But been a theme this season that RM are allergic to going for the kill in a match

All subconsciously WC related IMO
Even Courtois after injury is fumbling goals in, same today spitting the ball out on a save he normally sticks

Hence most analysis that was being done during Rayo of how good we actually are is daft

Home of Barca Fans