La Liga 2015/2016

Who will win La Liga this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we buy Pogba there will be no need for him.

Doesn't hurt to have a first option on talented players. Didn't say we should get him now or anytime soon, but you know.....in perhaps 3-4 years time if we need a midfielder and he has turned into a World Class player...could be an option.

If we'd gotten an early option on him, he might've cost literally 10x less than Pogba would (not including wages mind you). That being said, Atleti would be stupid to let him go so easily. At the time (1 or 2 seasons ago) they didn't seem to value him as much as they do now or in the future though so he definitely would've been a bargain.

I'm not sure how it would've been had we got him a season or two ago, because it doesn't seem like we're willing to bet on players in his age group.

At the moment we're mostly buying stop-gaps and thinking about the short-term.

We might face competition from Chelsea next summer. They've apparently had a bid of €75m turned down, according to Di Marzio.

Apparently a few Italian journalists are speculating that Pogba is "promised to us" next year. Di Marzio's translator also thinks he'll sign for us or stay at Juventus.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's not so much of an "up in the air" type gamble though. He's clearly a special talent, and has shown that at literally every level. 2 seasons ago he was undervalued at Atleti and I bet we would've gotten him for a really awesome price if we'd pushed for it. Then it's just a matter of nurturing his evident talent and letting him learn within the team (or sending him out on loan from our own end) rather than waiting and hoping to see if he comes good out of thin air. To me it's more of a gamble to keep waiting on a player to break out and then deciding it's time to buy him when his market value is several times higher than it was when he wasn't as reputed.

It's not the right way to do smart business.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It's not so much of an "up in the air" type gamble though. He's clearly a special talent, and has shown that at literally every level. 2 seasons ago he was undervalued at Atleti and I bet we would've gotten him for a really awesome price if we'd pushed for it. Then it's just a matter of nurturing his evident talent and letting him learn within the team (or sending him out on loan from our own end) rather than waiting and hoping to see if he comes good out of thin air. To me it's more of a gamble to keep waiting on a player to break out and then deciding it's time to buy him when his market value is several times higher than it was when he wasn't as reputed.

It's not the right way to do smart business.

Our developing of players in recent years is quite poor. Better to let someone become a finished product and then buy him, until we sort ourselves out.

As for Pogba, 80 million should do the trick. Juventus need money.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Oblak! And this guy looked like a walking disaster until he got several games on the trot :coffee:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Correa looking really good, quick and dynamic. Their attacking options are awesome. Oliver/Koke/Correa are their best in the wide positions and Griezmann/Vietto/Correa are probably their best in attack. That's quality depth.

Wtf Torres. Complete hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans