La Liga 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

We have had 2 draws at Espanyol in recent times but I feel we need to win this one and then we can draw away to Villarreal.

AM have some very tricky games so they should drop points. I think we may still need someone else to do us a favour against Madrid, maybe they will suffer at the Anoeta, at home to Valencia or away to Celta Vigo.

Samuel Eto'o

We have had 2 draws at Espanyol in recent times but I feel we need to win this one and then we can draw away to Villarreal.

AM have some very tricky games so they should drop points. I think we may still need someone else to do us a favour against Madrid, maybe they will suffer at the Anoeta, at home to Valencia or away to Celta Vigo.

Why do you want us to drop points?

raskolnikov

Its very realistic that all teams are at 73 points on saturday, beating Espanyol away is more important than ever, its key to at least win 1 of villarreal/Espanyol so better start right away with a win.
Such a shame we lost Valdes, hopefully Iniesta can still play on saturday.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Hope the team won't have the same mentality such as some of you: "we can draw one game, "players get relaxed". Players relaxing was the main reason why we don't have more points than we do have now. They should take each match with the same intensity they do against big teams. Barca have slipped enough so far against the teams they shouldn't, they cannot afford any more slips.

ManusXavi

Atleti have Bilbao, Barca (away), Villarreal and Barca All in the next 15 days. Then later Atleti have to go through Levante, Valencia and Barca (all away games) . If Atleti win La Liga then that will be very amazing

serghei

I think if we take 6 points from Espanyol and Villareal we are very close to the title. It's very doable. We just need the players to be focused and determined to win.

Darko

I think if we take 6 points from Espanyol and Villareal we are very close to the title. It's very doable. We just need the players to be focused and determined to win.

this, especially the Asspanyol game, we won just 1-0 at the Camp Nou against them

Kerrybai

Hope the team won't have the same mentality such as some of you: "we can draw one game, "players get relaxed". Players relaxing was the main reason why we don't have more points than we do have now. They should take each match with the same intensity they do against big teams. Barca have slipped enough so far against the teams they shouldn't, they cannot afford any more slips.

Well that's not true. We can afford one slip up and still have the title in our hands. The title is ours to lose now but there is no doubt that Madrid have the easiest run in. Hopefully Sociedad do us a favour at the Anoeta.

Pep's first season we lost 2-1 away to Espanyol.

The season after we drew 0-0 in a highly intense game right before we got the bus to Milan. I think Pep played a full strength team which for me was a mistake. The combination of the intense game and the bus trip to Milan had a huge affect on the players. The league was very tight at the time so he felt the need to go all out.

In his 3rd season we won 5-1 and in his final season we drew 1-1. Last season we managed a 2-0 victory when the season was already finsihed.

That's a record of 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss in our 5 away league trips since 2008. I agree with the above sentiment that a win this weekend plus Villarreal and the title should be ours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans