La Liga 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Science Kid

Well we're near the end of the season,we won the Spanish super cup,we're in the final of Copa del rey,1/4 of the CL and La Liga is in our hands...we have a minimum of 11 games and a maximum of 14 if we play the final in Lisbon.

14 games for a treble...everything is in our hands.

coura

Banned
Playing our best players away and doing some rotations in home games. It´s on our hands. That´s a big difference from 2 hours away

serghei

@Science Kid, not so fast. Valdes's injury is a major blow in the CL if Pinto doesn't mutate intro a WC GK overnight.

serghei

We absolutely have to put in 100% in every match. If we lose the title from here, we deserve our fate. Second chances come and go if you don't make the most of them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pinto is adequate enough. He is not a savior nor is he a long term answer, but he is competitive enough to give the team a chance. He had 2 wonderful saves today, followed by a lapse in concentration. That what he can give. That has to be enough for a couple of months.

Science Kid

Pinto is adequate enough. He is not a savior nor is he a long term answer, but he is competitive enough to give the team a chance. He had 2 wonderful saves today, followed by a lapse in concentration. That what he can give. That has to be enough for a couple of months.

I agree completely.

He's a decent goalkeeper that has good reflexes and good passing plus he has been with these players for years...it's not like we're a bus-type team that relies heavily on it's defense.

Valdes has also been prone to make blunders,to let goals he shouldn't have(like Benzema's first goal) and to make bad passes from time to time.

I for one,am not very concerned about our goalkeeper trouble...if we play our game,if Messi/Iniesta are on,if our defense doesn't make bad mistakes,Pinto is not going to be our downfall.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Pinto's quality as a GK is undeniable. It's just his taste of going retard with the ball to his feet (which happens quite often) that worry me the most. And the fear of losing him to injuries as well.

raskolnikov

Lets speculate a little, there are 8 games left.
Real 70 points:
Home: Rayo,Almeria, Osasuna,Espanyol,Valencia(Lets face it, they will definitely get 12/15 and a win against Valencia is also logical)
Away: Valladolid, Celta, Sociedad ( they can al upset Real when they have a bad day, especially Sociedad).

Atletico 73 points:
Home: Villarreal, Elche, Malaga (only 3 home games lef and its not impossible Villarreal or Malaga get a few points over there).
Away: Bilbao,Getafe, Levante, Valencia, Barcelona. (There away program is very hard, Bilbao, Valencia and us on the final they will definitely make them drop point, the other two can also upset them).

Barcelona 72 points:
Home:Betis,Getafe, Bilbao, Atletico ( first two should be won, Bilbao is easier at home but still can cause trouble and of course final day vs Atleti).
Away: Espanyol, Granada,Villarreal, Elche ( Granda and Elche should easily be won, Espanyol and Villarreal though are tough fixtures).

Real still got the easiest schedule, Atletico the toughest.
I think Real will get 7/8 wins and lose or draw only once, so they will have 91/92 points
Atletico: I feel Atletico will struggle the net two away games and vs Valencia, even if they win the rest and get 5 points out of those 3 games they would still need to beat us at camp nou to win it.
Barcelona: 4/8 should be won easily so that put us at 84 points, I think we win the title with 8 points from the other 4 games since we beat Real twice so 92 would do it for us.
Meaning Bilbao should be beaten at home and and 5 points from Espanyol/Villareal away and on the final day vs Atletico at home.

Ideally Atletico will be out of the race and we will need a draw to win it, I dont think Atletico would mind dropping points then to screw Madrid over.
Will still be dificult with Pinto instead of Valdes and might just cost us, however things definitely look much better than it did last saturday.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
So basically we can afford to draw win game and the title is still in our hands.

This is correct, Barcelona can now afford to slip up and tie, and still be ahead of Real Madrid because they have the head to head tie-breaker, and would still hold their fortune in their power if they win over Atletico the last game of the season.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

This is one thrilling lliga, no one can deny that. From 2-horse-race to this, big improvement.

Samuel Eto'o

Happy that Real Madrid have slipped up simply because this eases a bit of pressure off of our players. Now they can relax a bit and express themselves even more on the pitch. Two points in the right direction. Thank you Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans