Kylian Mbappé

raskolnikov

He outscored Messi and lost on penalties. I don't think anyone will remember this as someone getting the better of him.

His performance is getting overrated imo. He was invisible for 80 minutes and amazing after but scored two penalties.
While it does take balls its not the amazing match performance people made it out to be.
Maybe had he scored that dribble.

On the kther hand its a 23 year old doing ot on the biggest stage so I do think its amazing while at the same time find people overrating it because of the second goal.
He was also invisible vs England and Marocco in the rounds before.
I do feel Messi was better in a weaker team basically in most ko rounds and had a better final as well.
Not to take anything away in that regard though. Mbappe is still the second best player of the tournament after last night.
Before that it was Griezmann who went invisible.

JamDav1982

He outscored Messi and lost on penalties. I don't think anyone will remember this as someone getting the better of him.

Messi was MOTM and deservedly so. Was involved in every chance Argentina created while helping them dominate the tempo of the game.

Messi MOTM in every knockout game when Mbappe was not doing nearly as much in a better team.

Good on him 'outscoring Messi in final'... doesnt change anything about the point made.

Messi had far better WC in a poorer team.. that will be remembered.

Two World Cups Messi has been voted best player and one as best player in a weaker side than many there that went on to win it.

Last edited:

cracken

His performance is getting overrated imo. He was invisible for 80 minutes and amazing after but scored two penalties.
While it does take balls its not the amazing match performance people made it out to be.
Maybe had he scored that dribble.

On the kther hand its a 23 year old doing ot on the biggest stage so I do think its amazing while at the same time find people overrating it because of the second goal.
He was also invisible vs England and Marocco in the rounds before.
I do feel Messi was better in a weaker team basically in most ko rounds and had a better final as well.
Not to take anything away in that regard though. Mbappe is still the second best player of the tournament after last night.
Before that it was Griezmann who went invisible.

It's not just a second goal, it's a world class finish that drags his team back into a freaking world cup final. No amount of asterisks or caveats you can add to it will minimize it.

It's also not a given that he had a better team. Nobody here rates the likes of Giroud, Thuram, Kolo Muani, Rabiot etc... Even Dembele gets a lot of hate. You can just act like he had France 98-06 around him.

Bulgroz

Yes yes, don't worry, your precious boy will still be the GOAT even after Mbappe retires, it's fine, you can rest now. Don't think everyone here would try to argue against that.

(btw that "Mbappe was in a better team" is a double edged sword: of course Messi is the MotM when Argentina wins a game, cause who else is gonna get it, fucking Paredes? :lol:)

JamDav1982

Yes yes, don't worry, your precious boy will still be the GOAT even after Mbappe retires, it's fine, you can rest now. Don't think everyone here would try to argue against that.

(btw that "Mbappe was in a better team" is a double edged sword: of course Messi is the MotM when Argentina wins a game, cause who else is gonna get it, fucking Paredes? :lol:)

That MOTM argument is pathetic.

Try again.

Mbappe was not even close to one of Frances better players in last two games before final.. do better than try to twist it as being easier for Messi to get MOTM as his team worse.

Messi was better than Mbappe in a poorer side individually in every knock out game and won WC with the Golden Ball.... and there is nothing that can be done about that.

Last edited:

JohnN

History is written by the winners.
Also, it doesn't do MBappe any good that he ghosted in QF and SF games and up until the penalty (80th minute) in the final and got outshone by Griezmann and Giroud a couple of games.

jamrock

It's fact that he scored 3 goals in the final

It's also facts that he was ghost in the QF,SF and 70 minutes of the final.

Bulgroz

I'm not gonna "try again", I don't really give a flying fuck, and I haven't watched a single game this WC :lol:

But don't worry little fanboy, the GOAT is safe and secured now, nobody will ever challenge him. Or at least not in our lifetime I think. I mean, you never know, but I'd be very surprised.

JamDav1982

I'm not gonna "try again", I don't really give a flying fuck, and I haven't watched a single game this WC :lol:

But don't worry little fanboy, the GOAT is safe and secured now, nobody will ever challenge him. Or at least not in our lifetime I think. I mean, you never know, but I'd be very surprised.

Good way to make yourself seem clueless... by arguing about games didnt watch.

'I dont really give a flying fuck... I am arguing about players I didnt watch though'

Do better than that.

Try again Mbappe fan boy... Messi WC winner and best player at WC.

And there is nothing you can do about it.

jamrock

Guess you're not a football fan.

cracken

It's fact that he scored 3 goals in the final

It's also facts that he was ghost in the QF,SF and 70 minutes of the final.

He wasn't a ghost against Morocco. He was the only offensive threat in the second half and created the second goal.

This "invisible for 80 minutes " argument has got to be one of the weirdest talking points I've seen coming out of this final. Apparently if your team gets dominated for over an hour yet you found a way to drag them back into the game with a freaking hatrick, it should a count against you because fuck you for not doing it sooner..or something?

KingLeo10

He wasn't a ghost against Morocco. He was the only offensive threat in the second half and created the second goal.

This "invisible for 80 minutes " argument has got to be one of the weirdest talking points I've seen coming out of this final. Apparently if your team gets dominated for over an hour yet you found a way to drag them back into the game with a freaking hatrick, it should a count against you because fuck you for not doing it sooner..or something?

I see you've jumped ship from defending CR7 24/7 to Mbappe now.

Relax, he might go to Liverpool and all this effort will be in vain.

JamDav1982

'Created second goal'... in reality he had a shot deflcted into path of another player.

Mbappe was not one of Frances better players that game.

Home of Barca Fans