Kylian Mbappé

Temptation

I was thinking about this and it's an interesting discussion.

Reading Devils' post, it's actually fantastic for his legacy that the World Cup is "his competition".....WC achievements age the best and stand the test of time easily. Much more so than the UCL.... I have my doubts on UCL legacy being as powerful in the long run because of the way the elite clubs are trying to exit it and form super leagues and shit. How will UCL legacies age and be valued by the next generation?

What do you guys think about this?

KingLeo10

Messi's had insane CL campaigns like in 08/09, 10/11, and 14/15. And same with CR7 with 13/14, 16/17, 17/18. But the average fan/casual barely cared about those.

But will lose their minds over games v Australia, Ghana, S. Korea etc.

So that's pretty much a given.

El Gato

Villarato!
This match really shouldn't change anything in how people see him.

Good game from Turtle even when Cash had a good game by comparison as well. Interested to see how he plays when teammates have even more to worry about. This was the perfect showcase fame where team was always kind of safe in that they wouldn't concede series of goals as hits to morale and Mbappe could run riot all the while

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Two terrific goals from the terrific Mbappe, by far best player in the world. Lucky also he is playing for the best team in the world, peak/young Messi/Cristiano were in average teams unfortunately. Imagine if both would have chosen Spain....

KingLeo10

I still doubt Mbappe ends up on Messi's level GOAT-candidacy wise, unless he does something outlandish like win 3 WCs in a row or something.

His individual game/achievements are still far from prime Messi level.

Temptation

Two terrific goals from the terrific Mbappe, by far best player in the world. Lucky also he is playing for the best team in the world, peak/young Messi/Cristiano were in average teams unfortunately. Imagine if both would have chosen Spain....

Mbappe has been flat out better individually than any version of Messi or Ronaldo have been in their entire career in World Cups. Just the bitter truth.

No amount of fanboyism or mental gymnastics can change that. Mbappe has been flat out better individually.

I know what kind of replies this will get.

This is coming from a guy who has been accused of "twerking for Ronaldo" and "hating on Messi" but here the proof is in the pudding. Mbappe has been different gravy in the World Cup. Sorry lads, your idols aren't infallible or flawless and you can't always just put it on the circumstances.

JamDav1982

Dembele saying he wants to play with him at club level.

PSG going to try and make that happen.

They could move on from Messi/Ney and get a proper CF in and give team to Mbappe as clear main man.

fergus90

He will end up the record WC goal scorer by the next World Cup, no doubt. He plays for France who's footballing supply line has been fantastic the last 30 years.

ajnotkeith

Prime Messi transcended football.

Mbappe is amazing and probably best player in the world currently but nobody can and will do the things Messi did in his best form. He made football seem like playing FIFA on beginner mode.

Will be a long time before we see a player like that.

JamDav1982

He will end up the record WC goal scorer by the next World Cup, no doubt. He plays for France who's footballing supply line has been fantastic the last 30 years.

He is doing it for France with players folk make out are shite when play with Messi and Barca.

Dembele/Griezmann etc and Giroud the same.

He makes it easier for them as well.

KingLeo10

Mbappe is amazing and probably best player in the world currently but nobody can and will do the things Messi did in his best form. He made football seem like playing FIFA on beginner mode.

So did Barcelona R9. Two most ridiculous players I've watched.

fergus90

Him vs Walker will be an interesting battle if we get past Senegal. He's pretty much the only FB who can pretty much match him for pace.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Mbappe has been flat out better individually than any version of Messi or Ronaldo have been in their entire career in World Cups. Just the bitter truth.

No amount of fanboyism or mental gymnastics can change that. Mbappe has been flat out better individually.

I know what kind of replies this will get.

This is coming from a guy who has been accused of "twerking for Ronaldo" and "hating on Messi" but here the proof is in the pudding. Mbappe has been different gravy in the World Cup. Sorry lads, your idols aren't infallible or flawless and you can't always just put it on the circumstances.

I agree with that, its not even close but when Messi/Ron played fot their nt other teams focused not to give them space as they were by far the most dangerous player, at France there are too many great players so just focusing on Mbappe wont do anything --> he has a lot more freedom to to Mbappe things. Nonetheless Mbappe has been superior.

fergus90

He is doing it for France with players folk make out are shite when play with Messi and Barca.

Dembele/Griezmann etc and Giroud the same.

He makes it easier for them as well.

Yeah, blessing in disguise Benzema was injured so he wasn't shoe horned in.

Dembele and Mbappe combo is frightening.

Temptation

He hasn't reached reached prime Messi(or Ronaldo) levels and will probably never reach that in club Footy.

But in World Cups he's twice the player as both combined and he's just one and half World Cups in.

I'm no Mbappe fanboy but Messi and Ronaldo fans need to stop pretending they both are the end-all be-all of the sport. They haven't been close to the best in the biggest stage of Football and until yesterday both had a combined grand total of 0 WC knockout goals. They aren't infallible and there have been many players who have performed way better in the World Cup by merit and mentality.

Home of Barca Fans