Kylian Mbappé

feggydinho

Right. So if Mbappe manages to miss 3 penalties in a row in the same game , he needs to go for the 4th in case that happens , no ? That's bullshit.

It's simple. You take the penalty , you miss , the next one is taken by other superstars Neymar/Messi. Next time you'll take the first penalty again and so on.

Mbappe didn't go to RM so I won't shit on him for the greedy fucker that he is.

No need to spin what happened, everyone knows how it is. It has happened to Griezmann, Messi and other designated penalty takers. So they take the second penalty even if they miss the first one, and it's at their discretion to give to someone else. Neymar clearly knew what he was doing when he took the ball for the penalty, cause he's the 2nd penalty taker and the 2nd only takes it when the 1st isn't on the pitch.

You'll notice that Messi wasn't fighting for the penalty cause you got to respect your coach (that's how it is, same kinda thing happened between Neymar and Cavanni before, so why is Neymar always involved?

Last edited:

SmilerBam

This guy's ego is out of control :lol:

With his talent you should never rule it out, but won't surprise me if old man Florentino prioritize bringing in Haaland in 3-4 years and ditches the Mbappe project completely.

Kick and run merchant. Is he that talented? He's way behind Ronaldo in terms of talent. Messi in another stratosphere already.

SmilerBam

Agree with fati. Mbappe has no issue with Messi.

I am team mbappe on this one. He has shown way more than Neymar he wants to be a teamplayer. Neymar is one always favouring certain players over others based on who he's buddies with. Also massively disrespected Cavani. The fight with Semedo anyone?

At least Neymar won a Cl and he was the best goalscorer in that year. Also, part of one of the best trios in history. He may be a douchebag and a snake, but he is way more talented than Mbop.

krakdol

At least Neymar won a Cl and he was the best goalscorer in that year. Also, part of one of the best trios in history. He may be a douchebag and a snake, but he is way more talented than Mbop.

Mbappe is a far better player than Neymar these days. He also won the World Cup while being a teenager and scored in the final as a teenager (something only Pele achieved in history) and multiple times in the matches before too, unlike Neymar who never won the World Cup despite playing for the best football country in the world.

If Neymar was as talented as Mbappe, he would have won a World Cup with his team too.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Mbappe is a far better player than Neymar these days. He also won the World Cup while being a teenager and scored in the final as a teenager (something only Pele achieved in history) and multiple times in the matches before too, unlike Neymar who never won the World Cup despite playing for the best football country in the world.

If Neymar was as talented as Mbappe, he would have won a World Cup with his team too.

World cup isn't even comparable to champions league.

Ucl competition is tougher and at least 4-5 teams who could win it all.

feggydinho

World cup isn't even comparable to champions league.

Ucl competition is tougher and at least 4-5 teams who could win it all.

Sometimes it's not just about CL or world cup. I watched Sevilla yesterday and they kept on talking about Isco being a UCL winner 5 times or so but he was horrible and has being bad for years, De lima Ronaldo also never won a UCL but we all know how good he is.

Now for Neymar and Mbappe, they're both great talents and have aspects at which they're better than the other.

JohnN

Success and talent don't always come together. Also, WC is a one off competition.
Neymar is the superior talent in this comparison but I consider both of them spoiled brats. Not sure who is at fault for the penalty incident, probably Neymar.
But, Mbp stopping his run because he didn't immediately receive a pass is just childish and reminds me of Ronaldo fuming and screaming while trying to press Barca (even though, Ronaldo isn't spoiled and was whining because his team was being demolished).

feggydinho

Success and talent don't always come together. Also, WC is a one off competition.
Neymar is the superior talent in this comparison but I consider both of them spoiled brats. Not sure who is at fault for the penalty incident, probably Neymar.
But, Mbp stopping his run because he didn't immediately receive a pass is just childish and reminds me of Ronaldo fuming and screaming while trying to press Barca (even though, Ronaldo isn't spoiled and was whining because his team was being demolished).

Penalty incident is 100% Neymar (the coach saying Mbappe is the designated taker validates it and also means he didn't respect the coaches decision, but the coach knows managing egos in PSG would be interesting), he was able to pull that successfully with Cavani as he was a superior talent but I'll love to see how it works now.

Then the incident of Mbappe stopping his run was clearly Mbappe being spoilt.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Seeing as PSG coach confirmed that Mbappe was assigned as main penalty taker for the previous game, Neymar was clearly in the wrong and caused the unnecessary issues in that game as the main penalty taker takes the penalty if they're on the pitch.

If this is true then the mistake lies on Neymar...again. Maybe Mbappe already assumed Neymar will become toxic and that's why he wanted him to be sold :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Neymar has definitely more talent than Mbappe and don't need to overrate the world cup, he had a terrific team behind him. 2018 Mbappe wasnt even half as good as Mbappe of these days, he alone could have never won a world cup. If younger Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi had this france team they would have probably also won the WC.

feggydinho

Neymar has definitely more talent than Mbappe and don't need to overrate the world cup, he had a terrific team behind him. 2018 Mbappe wasnt even half as good as Mbappe of these days, he alone could have never won a world cup. If younger Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi had this france team they would have probably also won the WC.

2018 Mbappe scored 33 league goals with 7 assists in 29 games so he was definitely massive then. His pace, skills and finishing set him apart in that tournament so he was clearly their best player in the WC, did you see his run against Argentina.

No one wins a tournament alone, be it Ronaldo or Neymar so an argument can also be made that pairing Messi with that Mbappe would've won both of them the UCL at least once in Barca. He's also 23, so still young.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2018 Mbappe scored 33 league goals with 7 assists in 29 games so he was definitely massive then. His pace, skills and finishing set him apart in that tournament so he was clearly their best player in the WC, did you see his run against Argentina.

No one wins a tournament alone, be it Ronaldo or Neymar so an argument can also be made that pairing Messi with that Mbappe would've won both of them the UCL at least once in Barca. He's also 23, so still young.

Stats-wise and also pace/skills he was already good, that's why people said he may be a generational talent but he missed a lot of chances and his dribbling/passing level was way worse than now. His biggest strenght was his pace, argentinia / Sampaoli was stupid to play a high line against him.

With alone i mean leading a team to the title, against Argentinia he did but otherwise not. Well, he didnt need to do that as France was strong enough but i want to say that i doubt he would have won the Wc with a weaker team. It was a response to the user krakdol who used the WC argument to clarify he is better than Ney. This argument makes no sense when one player have a stronger team than the other player.

Morten

See, the thing with comparing Mbappe's stats to CR or Messi, is that he plays in a lesser league, while CR and Messi were doing it in the top 2 leagues.

Home of Barca Fans