Kylian Mbappé

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shorten the gap?

Its gettting wider and wider and not just tv deals the sponorships etc as well.

TV deal wise it is definitely widening, sponsorship-wise La Liga has been doing pretty well lately, mostly-driven by Madrid certainly. I am not familiar with EPL's numbers. The only thing I read was Liverpool will get the highest shirt sponsorship deal in history so far when they renew with Chartered Bank.

The point is, La Liga has to keep chasing it and not be left further behind.

Newcomer

Why wouldn't Madrid go for him again?

Madrid would go but so would the other clubs. This year, it was a battle between PSG and Real Madrid. Who can say for sure who will be involved in two years time ? Sure, Bar?a aren't doing good right now but Spotify is a very good deal and will provide you some needed money. Bar?a couldn't be a challenger this time but maybe they could be the next time.

Mbapp? has just shown that he is a very power grabbing (on top of money grabbing) individual. He wants to control everything, even his upcoming interview at Telefoot is because Maynard is his sycophant. He wants to control his image in national team, he wants to control his image in club and he has his own pawns in traditional media in order to control his image to his liking.

People are saying that PSG imprisoned him but to be honest, it is rather him who is making those big and rich clubs his bitc***. And sure enough, if he is not gravely injured, the clubs will come back at his feet to get his favour at the next chance.

Interesting case of a player taking control over clubs, especially when he has not really won a continental prize (CL or Ballon d'Or). I have to say that it is impressive because Cristiano or Messi had done way more than him to warrant this kind of attention. Interesting but also distasteful because i hate his circus : "i will start thinking about putting thoughts into the decision of staying or going elsewhere" is what he served us for the past 3 years and it keeps on going.

feggydinho

Madrid would go but so would the other clubs. This year, it was a battle between PSG and Real Madrid. Who can say for sure who will be involved in two years time ? Sure, Bar?a aren't doing good right now but Spotify is a very good deal and will provide you some needed money. Bar?a couldn't be a challenger this time but maybe they could be the next time.

Mbapp? has just shown that he is a very power grabbing (on top of money grabbing) individual. He wants to control everything, even his upcoming interview at Telefoot is because Maynard is his sycophant. He wants to control his image in national team, he wants to control his image in club and he has his own pawns in traditional media in order to control his image to his liking.

People are saying that PSG imprisoned him but to be honest, it is rather him who is making those big and rich clubs his bitc***. And sure enough, if he is not gravely injured, the clubs will come back at his feet to get his favour at the next chance.

Interesting case of a player taking control over clubs, especially when he has not really won a continental prize (CL or Ballon d'Or). I have to say that it is impressive because Cristiano or Messi had done way more than him to warrant this kind of attention. Interesting but also distasteful because i hate his circus : "i will start thinking about putting thoughts into the decision of staying or going elsewhere" is what he served us for the past 3 years and it keeps on going.

Can't really blame the player, that's what happens when a player is made so important and he simply took advantage of the situation. I believe few other top players have control of their image rights too.

Morten

The era of attracting superstars to la liga is well and truly over, it seems.

They will all go to EPL, or PSG, for the forseeable future.

Newcomer

Not good on optics for Madrid-based people as things stand is what I'm saying
Whether he cares for it or not is the point of contention
Considering he's the guy headbutting people in front of the world, you could argue he doesn't, but he's also a big on loyalty and it'd not get over well to sign for a direct market rival a club you're a legend at has been going at it with.
At least not sure if would be something done immediately. Let the dust settle and take him in month or two ahead of preseason

We'll see

From France, what would be highlighted would be his ties with the city of Marseille although he doesn't have ties with OM per se. It would be seen as a treason from OM fans or Marseille inhabitants or anyone who is antagonistic towards Paris the city.

He would get a pass in the media, though, because he is France 98 member.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The era of attracting superstars to la liga is well and truly over, it seems.

They will all go to EPL, or PSG, for the forseeable future.

Too early to say. We will have to wait and see the impact of the new FFP from UEFA and what it does to clubs.

Also, maybe there is a chance in the long run the Qataris will lose interests in football and PSG.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

As long as Mbappe keeps up his shenanigans, Barca will never be a seriously contender for his service and I won't be too mad about it..

El Gato

Villarato!
From France, what would be highlighted would be his ties with the city of Marseille although he doesn't have ties with OM per se. It would be seen as a treason from OM fans or Marseille inhabitants or anyone who is antagonistic towards Paris the city.

He would get a pass in the media, though, because he is France 98 member.

Yh I dont think on its own it's a problem but in combination with his RM ties I'm not 100% he'd be keen
I dont think he wants to get into a project that would antagonize a lot of groups he's been associated with

But don't know, depends on the assurances he'd get and what he can achieve for himself. If it means they'll bring CL to France and it matters to him then I can see him taking it. Im just not convinced he's bothered to be a kingmaker for Paris at the cost of how it looks for everyone else and immediately in wake of what is being said about Mbappe terms of contract. Not sure he'd want to be brought in only to overtly fulfil a player wish like this

Newcomer

Can't really blame the player, that's what happens when a player is made so important and he simply took advantage of the situation. I believe few other top players have control of their image rights too.

I don't blame him for taking what he is given obviously. However, as a fan, i don't enjoy his PR at all. I guess you could say he is highly professional and it even reflects in his handling of his PR. He has no warmth. He just does his job well.

Even when he receives prizes, instead of rejoicing, he will always gives some kind of meaning guessing declaration. Even when he is apparently renewing, the guy is booking his servile PR guy at Telefoot to make a "decision" instead of just making a nice fiesta with the fans in the last home game.

Morten

Too early to say. We will have to wait and see the impact of the new FFP from UEFA and what it does to clubs.

Also, maybe there is a chance in the long run the Qataris will lose interests in football and PSG.

Both Haaland and Mbappe rejected us, while your finances are all messed up, and will be for a while.

There is no denying the shift.

Home of Barca Fans