Kylian Mbappé

slicknick

He should go to City next season instead. Winning La Liga against this Barca is barely worth more than a Ligue 1 title. He's already wasted 5 seasons in a farmers league, so PL would be the perfect stage for him rather than competing with Memphis' Barca.

Yes, unfortunately (and a bit fortunately for us)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He should go to City next season instead. Winning La Liga against this Barca is barely worth more than a Ligue 1 title. He's already wasted 5 seasons in a farmers league, so PL would be the perfect stage for him rather than competing with Memphis' Barca.

tru, but at real he would have still a good chance to win the cl also. Anyways, this guy needs to something, wasting his career at ligue 1 if he doesnt win cl.

slicknick

Stay padded the sh*t out of poor Kazakhstan. 4 goals and an assist. But regardless of the weak opposition, he was great tonight

slicknick

plus everyone in and around the club still try to picture him as better than mbappe too...

I can somewhat understand the club supporting/protecting Dembele, but in doing so, realism should not be thrown out of the window .

Bartomeu and co. are the Barca equivalent of Ferdinand Marcos and Mobutu Sese Seko.... The damages they have inflicted on the club are unfortunately here to stay for the foreseeable future

FinBarcelonafan

And in hindsight, the fact that we passed up on the opportunity to sign him in 2017 and signed Dembouz instead :facepalm:

Well done, Barto and co

Sometimes you miss out on Top player. We got lucky plenty times in our history. Ronaldo9, Maradona etc. We are very lucky team in general. How many other teams had so many top offensive players in the past 20-30 years? Probably none

slicknick

Sometimes you miss out on Top player. We got lucky plenty times in our history. Ronaldo9, Maradona etc. We are very lucky team in general. How many other teams had so many top offensive players in the past 20-30 years? Probably none

True, it happens, though I would not say "none"...United scooped up RvN, Rooney & CR7; Real poached CR7, Benzema & Kaka in the same transfer window; then there is AC Milan in the 80s/90s who had a whole army of top offensive players...

That said, I agree that sometimes stupid misses like ours can happen...Just ask Arsene, who missed out on Zlatan, Messi and whole other host of top top players in his heyday, even though he actually did spend a huge effort to bring them in.

What I cannot stomach is that we completely rejected Mbappe, because the board preferred to bring in the mercurial talent called Dembele, who has either been out injured, or been hampered by his attitude incessantly over the past 4 years.

Morten

True, it happens, though I would not say "none"...United scooped up RvN, Rooney & CR7; Real poached CR7, Benzema & Kaka in the same transfer window; then there is AC Milan in the 80s/90s who had a whole army of top offensive players...

That said, I agree that sometimes stupid misses like ours can happen...Just ask Arsene, who missed out on Zlatan, Messi and whole other host of top top players in his heyday, even though he actually did spend a huge effort to bring them in.

What I cannot stomach is that we completely rejected Mbappe, because the board preferred to bring in the mercurial talent called Dembele, who has either been out injured, or been hampered by his attitude incessantly over the past 4 years.

At the time, Kaka was almost as hyped as Ronaldo, they were seen more as equals than people now remember.

Ronaldo was top dog from 2010 onwards, but the first season it wasn't quite as clear.

Tbf to Kaka though, he was decent against most sides, but failed to show up in top matches, and also had tons of injuries.
A flop, yes, but not as big of a flop as Hazard.

slicknick

At the time, Kaka was almost as hyped as Ronaldo, they were seen more as equals than people now remember.

Ronaldo was top dog from 2010 onwards, but the first season it wasn't quite as clear.

Tbf to Kaka though, he was decent against most sides, but failed to show up in top matches, and also had tons of injuries.
A flop, yes, but not as big of a flop as Hazard.

I meant it as "he was a top talent that time around", so I fully agree w/ you...
And yes, Kaka at least tried, though he was severely hampered by injuries...While the same applies to Hazard as well, he is a much bigger flop, as mentally he just doesn't have the same drive.

Home of Barca Fans