Koeman's Succesor? Media Speaks!

behindbrowneyes

Would be ridiculous. Wanted to write as answer to anyone who wanted Koeman out NOW that they better prepare for a Jordi Cruyff masterclass on the bench.

Just stick with Koeman until winter and see if he can turn things around once injured players are back. More than half of our attack is out injured. Koeman is just a welcome scapegoat for the board as he is Bartomeu's coach. Fact is they focused on reducing salaries rather than improving the squad.

mc_lovin

I for one would be thrilled. I like Jordi much more than Koeman.

Personally I would still give Koeman until January though, and get a more serious candidate then (if possible+results/style still suck). But truth be told Koeman got really fucking toxic. Maybe that's not just on him as this whole relationship with Laporta seems to bring the worst out of both :lol:

Last edited:

Vladinho

Breaking!

Jordi Cruyff most likely to take over pending his confirmation, the board are all in complete agreement.

PAIN let's hope he continues to decline the job folks

None of Barca Twitter news accounts are reporting this. Can u stop posting from your imagination/desire?

Porque

Cryuff would probably naively play attacking football. I am not sure which would be worse, atleast Koeman has backbone and more pedigree.

Gallardo has been mentioned. His league finishing positions are pretty standard in Argentina. But he managed a few Libertadores. I wouldn't have high expectations of him in Europe.

Reality is there is no money to sack Koeman so this is probably the same as the summer, putting the media pressure and blame on Koeman. Not the board.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Recent history has shown that coaches who worked already at the club has been the most successful. Of course you can't compare Pimienta with Pep and Lucho due to the careers they had as players and their standing at the club, but he'd be my first choice as he already has experience with the club and although he didn't manage to get promoted with Barca B, sensations were rather good and he developed young players.

The club isn't known for signing the real big names as managers for various reasons (despite paying them like that), so they should educate their own coaches, let them work in youth and promote the talented ones to train Barca B. That'd be the best way and much preferable than getting coaches like Tata Martino, Koeman or Valverde.

Agree

Xavi is unlikely to jump in without a proper pre-season and say in the squad but Pimienta would be a good interim coach

Messigician

Xavi will be allowed out after Qatar world cup

Also he's gone a bit crazy in his time there if you follow his interviews lol

behindbrowneyes

Laporta clearly prefers German coaches and Xavi wasn't his first choice last summer. I don't think he'll be his first choice now or in the summer.

There is also another problem. Just check out Font's plans with him. Xavi wouldn't want just to coach the team, Xavi wants power in the sporting department and I doubt Laporta will give him that. Xavi's and Laporta's views are very different when it comes to distribution of power. I think Xavi would want to remodel the entire sporting structure and therefore he needs more freedom. Something I doubt Laporta will grant him. I agree with Xavi that such a remodeling is more than necessary, but I understand that Laporta doesn't want to give him that as Xavi hasn't even experience as a coach on European level. Both have their arguments and I doubt they'll come together, at least not now.

I can't confirm the rumour from above that the club can't afford to fire Koeman. Economic vice president Romeu denied that. The problem is more to find a better solution that also wants to take over in current situation. The next coach will be seen the coach of the new board and therefore they won't react hasty. Keeping Koeman was the easy solution, but Laporta pretty much made clear in the summer that Koeman isn't his coach. Jordi Cruyff as interim until they find someone better will be the maximum we'll get now and he'll get all the excuses from the board Koeman isn't getting. "Injuries, couldn't buy players, ..."

Home of Barca Fans