Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

BBZ8800

I have a feeling that he'll drop a lot soon

And that he'll be:
- a one season wonder
- or a guy who thrives only in a slow Italian football
- or who thrives only in one team which plays exactly to his strengths
- or that he'll break down mentaly in the future

I don't have too much faith in players from former Ussr countries longterm.
Only Shevchenko has made it but even he flopped in EPL.

I know that in this new era, you need to buy a player after one good season because if you don't buy him, some other team will buy him and lock him for the next 5-10 years.

Even Felix or Darwin had one good season at Portugal and today they look totally lost in EPL.

Or one season attacking wonders who sometimes have a season of their life and totally disappear later like Mista, Michu, Jovic.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
I have a feeling that he'll drop a lot soon

And that he'll be:
- a one season wonder
- or a guy who thrives only in a slow Italian football
- or who thrives only in one team which plays exactly to his strengths
- or that he'll break down mentaly in the future

I don't have too much faith in players from former Ussr countries longterm.
Only Shevchenko has made it but even he flopped in EPL.

I know that in this new era, you need to buy a player after one good season because if you don't buy him, some other team will buy him and lock him for the next 5-10 years.

Even Felix or Darwin had one good season at Portugal and today they look totally lost in EPL.

Or one season attacking wonders who sometimes have a season of their life and totally disappear later like Mista, Michu, Jovic.

Its why you buy them when theyre worth 12m and not 100m after 1 season. Unfortunately, we have drop kicks in charge here who would rather spend 35m on a player like Trincao... same thing as kava with enzo and alvarez... city at least still bought 1 at a cheap price though...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Italian league is strong with many good players there. People talking out of their arse without watching a single Serie A game.

ajnotkeith

Italian league is strong with many good players there. People talking out of their arse without watching a single Serie A game.

Serie A is probably the 2nd strongest league in the world at the moment.

So much talent there even at lower clubs but what they are lacking in recent years is that 'frontrunner' like a Bayern, Madrid, City that fans need to consider the league high quality - Napoli is becoming that.

With several other good teams doing well in Europe like Inter, Milan, Roma, it is making a comeback.

BBZ8800

I'm watching some Milan, Juve, Roma matches.

About Kvaradona, I am not basing my current opinion only on Seria A quality, where players are slower and tempo and pressing is meh, closer to NT football.
My fear about Kvara is his mentality, body language, personality.
He looks kinda shy and timid, like Messi.
Our fans will reply: but that is awesome.
Well, Messi is Messi and some could argue that his personality costed him a lot of CL trophies after 2011 due to his sulking and hot and cold moody performances, based on whether he plays at Camp Nou, whether is 3:0 or 0:1 for Barca.

For now, about Kvara, I don't see a personality wise strong player like young Haaland or Mbappe.
Kvara, for me, has some aura like Coutinho, Samper, Ferran, Krkic. I have an impression that he could crumble completely when tough years come.
Like:
- one tougher injury
- moving to a new club/country
- big money transfer, high media expectations, huge pressure
- family member gets sick
- girlfriend problems

Also, historically stats wise, there is a pattern of former Ussr, Balkan and Czechoslovakia (eastern European) players usually play good at Seria A and Bundesliga, while they are horrible at EPL.
In Spain, they are a hit and miss, with a recent success of Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic, but with years of bad experiences in the last 15 years before them.

About Kvara, he is in hot form currently.
But if I would need to make a wild guess now, if he moves away from Napoli, I would put 80% chances that he will be a new Coutinho/Felix at Barca/EPL than the next Figo/Hazard.

Football's success (outside of Barca's world) is way more than a pure technique.
Physique, mental strength, personality, professionalism, injury proneness.
Kvara seems very questionable in these "other" areas, plus unproven outside of a granny slow Seria A.

serghei

I think he is great in an Ozil-esque way. Bits of genius at quite an impressive rate, but doubtful how long this period of genius inspiration is gonna last. I want to see him how he does in a bad run of form. Ozil in a bad form was among the worst players you could wish for to have in your team.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I think he is great in an Ozil-esque way. Bits of genius at quite an impressive rate, but doubtful how long this period of genius inspiration is gonna last. I want to see him how he does in a bad form. Ozil in a bad form was among the worst players you could wish for to have in your team.

True, he's going on a good run right now.

Will be interesting to see how he bounces back when he is in a bad form.

serghei

Serie A definitely better than La Liga right now.

Talent level not comparable.

I'd wait a bit. Don't know how you can just jump to these conclusions based on some in-season shift.

Last year Madrid won the CL and Villareal made CL semis after beating Juventus and Bayern. Previous year Villareal beat United and won the EL title.

Spain are doing fine. They don't look like an elite league, but results say differently.

Home of Barca Fans