Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I've followed him since 2019. Didn't believe he would be this good in Europe honestly. His end product was shit at Rubin, but he would dribble past everyone for fun. RPL is also a very defensive league with almost every team playing 5 atb so it's natural players don't score as much there.

He wastes many chances at Napoli too tbh, it's just he is so good at beating defenders that he generates chances for himself, and Napoli plays positive football with a great midfield so chance generation is easy.

Last edited:

M3ls

I've followed him since 2019. Didn't believe he would be this good in Europe honestly. His end product was shit at Rubin, but he would dribble past everyone for fun. RPL is also a very defensive league with almost every team playing 5 atb so it's natural players don't score as much there.

He wastes many chances at Napoli too tbh, it's just he is so good at beating defenders that he generates chances for himself, and Napoli plays positive football with a great midfield so chance generation is easy.

What the hell are you talking about? He has the worst dribble rate in Italy.

M3ls

His dribble success this season in Serie A is 27.9%, which is one of the worst results in 5 years by the standards of other wingers in the league.

cracken

His dribble success this season in Serie A is 27.9%, which is one of the worst results in 5 years by the standards of other wingers in the league.

This needs context. He also attempts more dribbles than anyone in the league, by quite a margin.

khaled_a_d

What's Raphinha's success rate? 0.28%?

https://fbref.com/tiny/wEp1S
Raphinha has 44% but he rarely attempts to dribble.
Dembele has almost same dribble success rate as Khvicha as both slightly above 29%
Ferran has 36% too,but again rarely attempt it. Fati is at 50% but again even fewer attempts.
Arguably best winger in Liga atm (Vinicius) and best winger/am in the world (Neymar) has 40% and 35% at high volume

Porque

Dembele has almost same dribble success rate as Khvicha as both slightly above 29%
Ferran has 36% too,but again rarely attempt it. Fati is at 50% but again even fewer attempts.
Arguably best winger in Liga atm (Vinicius) and best winger/am in the world (Neymar) has 40% and 35% at high volume

Thanks. And that's a great context. Khvicha is obviously not in the same tier as Messi or Neymar, and would probably frustrate fans of Barcelona if he arrived as a direct replacement for Messi or Neymar back when the overall quality of the team was higher.

But right now, as a 21 year old player, 27% dribble success rate with 7 assists and 6 goals in 12 games is fantastic. That is the same dribble % as Dembele but roughly 40% increase in the productivity.

feggydinho

Dembele has been poor dribbling-wise this season, I don't know why. He normally has a success rate of around 60%, you can check his success rate for the last 5 seasons and that's why I said 29% is poor for Kvaradona.

I also noticed that Adama has a shocking dribbling success rate of 36% for this season, and he normally averages above 70% for the last 9 seasons. I wonder what's happening to these guys, are defenders getting better, or are they hitting a dribbling decline?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans