Kevin-Prince Boateng

Leo_Messi

Now let us see how (mainly) local and Spanish-speaking fans are reacting to this transfer.

https://www.sport.es/es/encuestas/barca/20190121/convence-fichaje-boateng-por-barca/85071.shtml

78% are not convinced by KPB while 22% are. I suspect that a great deal of those in the second group (22%) are rival fans who are rubbing salt in the wound by voting yes for the sake of it as commonly happens.

Bizarre stuff, really. Can't wait to hear the clown Pep Segura and his arguments for why they had to loan KBP and not the horde of other possible options out there.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Chicharito? Adebayor? Those were actual strikers not Alex Song esque modified ones. And they were far more talented than a hothead donkey like Boateng.

Who do you want? Or maybe you disagree that we need a backup to Suarez at all? If yes, then fair enough.

We need his backup but that can't be Lord Boateng. Bakumbu, Chicharito, Llorente, Gómez, Ighalo, Batsuyashi. So many possible better candidates than a false striker like Boateng

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
When Mourinho loaned Adebayor he was a 26 year old attacker with a great track record at fairly big clubs in Arsenal and Man City. A totally different situation than KBP. Not even comparable. Come on. Similar with Chicharito. Huntelaar was just a mismatch similar to his stint at AC Milan.

Similar situation with a different market ATM. Like I said, it sucks to buy strikers now. There are very few out of favour options that would be a good fit for what you need and for the benchwarming you need them to do.

Does he have experience at the highest level as an attacker or goalscorer as Adebayor and Chicharito had? Last time I checked it was that bang average Chicharito that helped you guys defeat Atlético in that quarterfinal. Can you for a second imagine KBP doing the same against an elite team in the CL? I certainly cannot. However I easily could imagine some of the names that I mentioned as options do just that.

Lol why? Choupo-Moting came on against Liverpool and nearly scored if I remember correctly. Every striker with a bit of experience is capable of being a positive influence. That's all you need him to be. A 19 to 22-yr old La Masia kid will just crash and burn. Every time.

Let us not make English footballers dumber than they are. I am sure that Vidal would adopt him and take him under his big wings. Forget Sturrridge, it was just an name out of many, but now that you have written about him, I genuinely thing, not only that, I am convinced, that a fit Sturridge is the better attacker (much better) than KBP. BTW, take a look at KBP's track record (disciplinary) and his history of leaving clubs.

Brits really are mostly mongoloids, unless they go to a country where English is culturally treated as a dialect of sorts (anywhere away from the Mediterranean) and is spoken widely due to less traditional westernised popculture. Owen lived in a hotel for a year. Bale still hasn't learned Spanish after 6 years and if you can't mold into a foreign culture, as a non-extraordinary player, there's no hope you can understand the different style of football and be able to fulfill basic tasks on the pitch.

If Sturridge is supposedly thick, KBP is not much better. Him speaking Italian is not an mitigating factor.:lol:

Of course it is haha! Like I said, the absolute minimum is communication and knowing where you're best useful on the pitch. If you're out there and you don't know what your teammates are asking you to do then you're just a fitness robot. Only physical freaks do OK in these circumstances since by any country's standards they'd be above average and would rinse fullbacks at top-speed. If you're average though, you really do need to know the language of your peers. None of your forwards, bar maybe Coutinho, speak English.

Leo_Messi

Similar situation with a different market ATM. Like I said, it sucks to buy strikers now. There are very few out of favour options that would be a good fit for what you need and for the benchwarming you need them to do.

Lol why? Choupo-Moting came on against Liverpool and nearly scored if I remember correctly. Every striker with a bit of experience is capable of being a positive influence. That's all you need him to be. A 19 to 22-yr old La Masia kid will just crash and burn. Every time.

Brits really are mostly mongoloids, unless they go to a country where English is culturally treated as a dialect of sorts (anywhere away from the Mediterranean) and is spoken widely due to less traditional westernised popculture. Owen lived in a hotel for a year. Bale still hasn't learned Spanish after 6 years and if you can't mold into a foreign culture, as a non-extraordinary player, there's no hope you can understand the different style of football and be able to fulfill basic tasks on the pitch.

Of course it is haha! Like I said, the absolute minimum is communication and knowing where you're best useful on the pitch. If you're out there and you don't know what your teammates are asking you to do then you're just a fitness robot. Only physical freaks do OK in these circumstances since by any country's standards they'd be above average and would rinse fullbacks at top-speed. If you're average though, you really do need to know the language of your peers. None of your forwards, bar maybe Coutinho, speak English.

We are talking about loans here and while the market is not flooded with opportunities there were and are to this very moment much better or at least better options out there than a 32 year old KBP who has not played even 25 games as an attacker in his career and who is not a goalscorer.

Look, KPB on his own is not such a bad or horrible player on his day. Even today when he is approaching the end of his career and is no longer as dynamic as he once was. I would be less negative if he was an actual fit in terms of being that proven goalscoring veteran full of experience that the local press were writing about repeatedly in recent weeks. This is basically my main criticism and the fact that there were/are better options out there.

Mújica and Ruiz were never real options (in my ideal world) but I would prefer them over half-arsed solutions such as this one until proven wrong which I happily would like to be, as that would mean that KBP would do his job, much like Paulinho ended doing and even more than just that as it turned out that we earned a 20% profit on him 12 months later.

I know. Tell me about it. Spain is flooded with them (English people) and although you have many stereotypes (some accurate some less so), being a footballer and interacting with a close-knitted and well-functioning group like ours with quite a few English speakers, is not really that much of a challenge. Even the thickest of the thickets footballers would be able to survive. Take a look at Vermaelen. He has been at the club for close to 4 seasons now and he is incapable of speaking Spanish for more than 10 seconds at a time and yet he seems to be a very well-liked figure although he mostly is seen together with Cillesen (fellow Flemish/Dutch speaker) and Ter Stegen.

Did not stop Bale from delivering when it mattered the most, in particular in the CL.

I thought we were talking about intelligence here? But yeah, of course it helps knowing a very similar language but not sure if that makes KBP a bette footballer or a better fit. Doubtful.

El Gato

Villarato!
This is basically my main criticism and the fact that there were/are better options out there.

One would be good. Any one out-of-favour striker willing to benchwarm in a bigger club? By all means if you can find one. None of the ones you mentioned previously are available or a better option than someone like KPB for various reasons.

Calidad

I appreciate he’s coming in to bolster the squad and add depth, but I’m not really convinced he’ll be that much of an asset. He isn’t needed in midfield, and I’ve always had him down as a scorer of great goals, rather than a great goal scorer.

Malcom already gets trash minutes, so I would have prioritised integrating him into the team. If EV really wanted some sort of short-term back option to Suarez, surely there must have been a better choice out there?

Leo_Messi

One would be good. Any one out-of-favour striker willing to benchwarm in a bigger club? By all means if you can find one. None of the ones you mentioned previously are available or a better option than someone like KPB for various reasons.

All of them were/could be genuine options with the exception of Giroud and Llorente. Not to mention those options that I did not mention but which are out there.

My main points remain the same. It's an absurd transfer that most likely won't contribute with anything or much. If anything, it will just help further reduce the minutes of Malcom. Once again back to the half-arsed solutions and "bare minimum" nonsense as if this was not Barça we were talking about but Southampton. Anyway time will tell.

Gotta go.

El Gato

Villarato!
All of them were/could be genuine options with the exception of Giroud and Llorente. Not to mention those options that I did not mention but which are out there.

So genuine options that are either the same as KPB, more expensive or just not feasible.

I can't believe people care this much about it. Malcom isn't meant to come on into the game to bang the goals in.

I like that it's happening though. Always nice to see unexpected stuff.

PS I love that this thread made 10 pages in 8 hours while boringass Ndombele started in June now has less posts :lol:

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I like that it's happening though

Chandler's voice- Could you be any more transparent :lol:

Giving the game away there man.

PS I love that this thread made 10 pages in 8 hours while boringass Ndombele started in June now has less posts :lol:

Yeah a batshit crazy signing player thread has more posts than the thread of good potential youngster. Who would've thunk it

Home of Barca Fans