Julian Alvarez

Andresito

Staff member
I think for Pep it would be good to have him at least until January depending on Haaland's fitness in PL. But at the same time it's a crucial period for Alvarez ahead of the World Cup, and he might end up sitting on the bench a lot.

Think he might be loaned out to an English side.

Messi983

6 goals today, not bad

Is he still going to join city now that Haaland is going there??

Of course, has already signed a contract with them.

Haaland is quite injury prone and I think Pep could also use Alvarez on the wings so he'll get his minutes imo.

I think for Pep it would be good to have him at least until January depending on Haaland's fitness in PL. But at the same time it's a crucial period for Alvarez ahead of the World Cup, and he might end up sitting on the bench a lot.

Think he might be loaned out to an English side.

I've read that City already rejected several loan offers as they plan to keep him. Makes sense to at least make a preseason with the team and then Pep can decide what's the best for his development.

Laplacian

Of course, has already signed a contract with them.

Haaland is quite injury prone and I think Pep could also use Alvarez on the wings so he'll get his minutes imo.

I've read that City already rejected several loan offers as they plan to keep him. Makes sense to at least make a preseason with the team and then Pep can decide what's the best for his development.

"Quite injury prone."

Relax, it's been one season. And rumours have it that he persisted on skipping rehab and playing through injury to get on the pitch as soon as possible. People here way too obsessed with bringing out faults in Haaland (only scores taps in, injury prone, no technique) that aren't true in a desperate attempt to underrate, because quite simply speaking he's out of reach for this club and only in reach for the clubs we Barcelona fans hate.

And it's an interesting coping mechanism, but it's getting old now. He played 2600 minutes this season and scored 37 goals.

Andresito

Staff member
"Quite injury prone."

Relax, it's been one season. And rumours have it that he persisted on skipping rehab and playing through injury to get on the pitch as soon as possible. People here way too obsessed with bringing out faults in Haaland (only scores taps in, injury prone, no technique) that aren't true in a desperate attempt to underrate, because quite simply speaking he's out of reach for this club and only in reach for the clubs we Barcelona fans hate.

And it's an interesting coping mechanism, but it's getting old now. He played 2600 minutes this season and scored 37 goals.

Why so defensive?

There's absolutely nothing in Messi983's post that can be perceived as a 'coping mechanism'. If you want to pick fights the Dembele thread is a better place. This ain't it chief.

Laplacian

Why so defensive?

There's absolutely nothing in Messi983's post that can be perceived as a 'coping mechanism'. If you want to pick fights the Dembele thread is a better place. This ain't it chief.

Nah, this forum is way too quick on nitpicking Haaland because they want him to fail. Oh wait he doesn't do stepovers like Benzema? Norwegian Lukaku with no technique, only a poacher. He's "injury prone" even though he's only had one season of injury issues, neither of which were serious. Mane wouldn't be considered injury prone if he had the season Haaland had, nor would any other player. The bias is obvious.

It wasn't picking a fight, it's calling it for what it is. Perhaps you can stop being so sensitive if you're perceiving a forum exchange as "picking a fight."

Messi983

I like Haaland and would be elated if we'd get him but injuries are legit concern imo. Ofc doesn't mean he'll turn into the next Dembele.

Andresito

Staff member
Nah, this forum is way too quick on nitpicking Haaland because they want him to fail. Oh wait he doesn't do stepovers like Benzema? Norwegian Lukaku with no technique, only a poacher. He's "injury prone" even though he's only had one season of injury issues, neither of which were serious. Mane wouldn't be considered injury prone if he had the season Haaland had, nor would any other player. The bias is obvious.

It wasn't picking a fight, it's calling it for what it is. Perhaps you can stop being so sensitive if you're perceiving a forum exchange as "picking a fight."

Haven't noticed that kind of pettiness towards Haaland in here tbh.

Porque

This guy was a great opportunity of the market. I have no doubt had we been in better finances that we would have tabled an offer.

He wouldn't necessarily have chosen us, but for 20m you won't find another player in South America with his G/A over the past 18 months, nor in his age bracket.

Porque

According to twitter Barca had deal for him tied up and decided not to execute it.

That would be a shame given City decided to leave him until this summer. Presumably we would have the funds for Ferran in Winter and Julian in this market after sales are sorted.

Home of Barca Fans