Jürgen Klopp

Temptation

Dortmund CEO Watzke a few years after Klopp left: I wish I had changed all the 11 players and kept Klopp.

After last season, I was having a few doubts. Sorry, boss! You're pound for pound the best manager on the planet.

Any manager in the world would be a downgrade. The owners let you down.

In Klopp we trust.

Horatio

You're welcome
Dortmund CEO Watzke a few years after Klopp left: I wish I had changed all the 11 players and kept Klopp.

After last season, I was having a few doubts. Sorry, boss! You're pound for pound the best manager on the planet.

Any manager in the world would be a downgrade. The owners let you down.

In Klopp we trust.
Klopp announced its his last season at liverpool

fergus90

Year off I reckon and then needs to be convinced to join Barca. More likely ends up Germany NT coach though.

Temptation

His timing could have been better with liverpool actually looking promising.
Klopp isn't the kinda guy who cares about how many trophies he has won or how many times he has beaten another manager.

He's detached from these things and doesn't even care if people don't rate him. He's a very secure man and works for his love of the game and job.

JamDav1982

This makes sense for Liverpool really if they get Alonso.

Klopp probably at most had a few seasons left and could be no real obvious candidate at that time.

Works well all round.. if Alonso is as top as he seems to be.

Horatio

You're welcome
Klopp isn't the kinda guy who cares about how many trophies he has won or how many times he has beaten another manager.

He's detached from these things and doesn't even care if people don't rate him. He's a very secure man and works for his love of the game and job.
Not one mentioned trophies. But it’s weird to mention you dont have energy for it anymore when you are actually doing well in the results

JamDav1982

Not one mentioned trophies. But t weird to mention you dont have energy for it anymore when you are actually doint well in the results

Pep wanted to leave Barca when had just won treble.

Alex Ferguson tried to leave Man Utd while winning initally and then did again.

Dont think winning makes them feel less drained or ready to go really. Same energy goes into it.

Klopp potentially still has jobs at big clubs to move to... Real, Barca, Byern level.

Pep wouldnt go back to Barca/Bayern and Real...

Temptation

Not one mentioned trophies. But it’s weird to mention you dont have energy for it anymore when you are actually doing well in the results

Klopp is the kinda guy who doesn't care about such results.

He's not that competitive as an individual manager. Doesn't care about his CV.

Very relaxed guy who just loves working with the players.

For him, the "energy" doesn't have much to do with results. It's a matter of how he's feeling and if he wants a new experience next.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pep wanted to leave Barca when had just won treble.

Alex Ferguson tried to leave Man Utd while winning initally and then did again.

Dont think winning makes them feel less drained or ready to go really. Same energy goes into it.
But that’s wanting to leave at a high. And ultimately they didn’t.

JamDav1982

But that’s wanting to leave at a high. And ultimately they didn’t.

Yes so wanting to leave while winning and being fav for titles.

They were not wanting to leave on a high.. both Pep and Fergie have described how run down and knackered they felt winning those titles and were thinking of leaving while competing for them.

The fact they didnt is irrelevant really and Fergie did leave second time after winning league.

Home of Barca Fans