Juan Román Riquelme

impeh

Hi, its me..
i really liked him, at villarreal.

is he getting many games in argentina?

any chance he could ever get a recall?

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
says it all about him. :wub: him vs real madrid when he made that beautiful cross to Palermo (second goal), never thought Casillas expected it either.

i really liked him, at villarreal.

is he getting many games in argentina?

any chance he could ever get a recall?

yes, in fact I seen the superclasico which Boca won 2-0 (he's still #10:dance:), same day when FC Barcelona got their La Liga trophy in the 0-0 draw with Deportivo.

Last edited:

Seamus

Was it the guy who missed a penalty in stoppage time or so against Arsenal in CL semis in 2006 ?

Jk, of course I know the guy, but he was never gonna be anything more than a typical 1-season-wonder kind of player. Just didn't care enough.

BTW
There is a thread about him on 3rd page.

Ah crap your right!! A thread didn't appear with the search at all.

Delete this so sure, my mistake

Lemmi

The Reckoner
One season wonder?

Fuck off.

He was South American Player of the Year two years in a row before he signed with us. Van Gaal greeted him by saying "I don't want you, I don't like you. You are the President's signing, not mine."

Same man who was partly responsible for us losing Pique the first time also made us undervalue this gem. Started playing class under Antic and then Laporka decided to ignore everything good that had happened under Raddy and do his own thing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Van Gaal put faith in Puyol and Xavi though and Barca should build him a monument for that. Just like Bayern and Germany ought to make one for pulling Muller from 4th division.
I'll never forget how Puyol looked lost and pathetic back in those days.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Xavi was playing horribly in Van Gaal's second stint, but the perseverance has certainly paid off.

E

estranged

I loved watching this man run the midfield like nobody's business, one of the best passers I have ever seen, his problem was that he was too slow and I think (think) that he always had an ego problem. Great player who could have been a lot more (like Aimar.).

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Personally I am a Riquelme hater. Always have been.

Overrated in the extreme. Crap mentality. Crap attitude and no bottle.

Banana-Rama

Personally I am a Riquelme hater. Always have been.

Overrated in the extreme. Crap mentality. Crap attitude and no bottle.

i completely disagree with that, i always loved watching riquelme, fantastic player, sadly managers of the top clubs were unwilling to build a team around him so he didn't achieve as much as he could of done.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
They are unwilling to build a team around him because if you do that, then like a pack of dominoes it will all collapse when things don't go your way.

No way on earth should a team be built around a player that is mentally inferior to a 2 year old.

Basically Riquelme is the antithesis to Messi.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Didnt everything go wrong in 2006 when he came off? Harsh to make such a sweeping statement. Especially as no Argentina side has done jack shit in 20 years, with or without Roman.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans