Josep Maria Bartomeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You have some good points, but I just wanted to point out a few things that stuck out that might be clouding how you see Bartomeu.

let me start with these ones:
"We are buying too much from Valencia and they are not Barca lvl players"

During the Pep Guardiola era, we bought alot from Arsenal. You know why he kept buying? Well, there are many reasons,
but at the end of the day you gotta work with the approval of a coach. Clubs don't usually just buy players for their first team without the approval of the manager. Maybe some presidents do that, but it is not standard.
How many failed signings during Peps era?

"how gomes was received here in the forum when we signed him, but I was not too excited"
that's fine, we all have opinions. But I follow both Spanish and English forums and people were ecstatic, especially since we beat Madrid to it, although we probably did offer more money for him. I still remember when we found out Gomes' dad was a huger Barca fan. We loved him! People here were thinking of another treble with the team we had.

"Arda, Doulas for 6 mil when we could get Asensio for 4 mil and when we were his first option"
Arda was a request by Luis Enrique.

"Doulas for 6 mil when we could get Asensio for 4 mil "
I think this was during the Zubizzareta era, same era where Isco was let go to Madrid. this has nothing to do with the current president.

"Barto loudly took on "Operation Verratti" and "Operation Ceballos" failed miserably in both and yet wants all the credit in Dembele's signing,"

Failing at something is not so bad if we know you tried. Both players would have been nice for Barca.With Verrati, he did the only thing he could do: ask the player to pressure the team. PSG don't need money, so the only option was to try to lure the player and convince the team. I actually read that once he found out Neymar was coming to PSG, he decided not to sign for barca anymore. So he was very close to getting the player. Where did you read that Bartomeu wants all the credit for signing Dembele?

I honestly think most ppl have a misconception about how players are signed. Where is the credit for Umtiti ( 35 million for that player? a Barcelona fan? ) Ter Stegen? Semedo? Dembele? Luis Suarez? If you blame him for Neymar, you also gotta give him credit for getting such a quality player and beating madrid to it at any cost. It's easy to look at things in hindsight and pretend like we would have done so much better.

This post is so deluded to a point beyond comprehension. Expect nothing less from a guy that used to praise Rosell to high heaven when he used to post here, like he was some incredible president. How's he doing now? Comfy jail cell?

Have a feeling this is intentional trolling tho, hard to imagine humans being THAT dense.

This post is so deluded to a point beyond comprehension. Expect nothing less from a guy that used to praise Rosell to high heaven when he used to post here, like he was some incredible president. How's he doing now? Comfy jail cell?

Have a feeling this is intentional trolling tho, hard to imagine humans being THAT dense.

Hold your horses, Nostradamus. Being wrong about something doesn't mean a person will always be wrong about everything. I don't have the time or interest to go through your post history to find your "wrong" predictions, but I have some common sense to know you probably got some "predictions" wrong.
PS: judging an argument by making an argument against the person, instead of the argument, is called an ad hominem.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[tw]903361760027168768[/tw]

Have to say that it is a good thing that he only starts it after the transfer window...... May mean he probably has good intentions for the club, you know not to ruin the transfer window and all. Of course he did risk it in the sense that the stupid would have won had they done well in the window

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The bastard couldn't sign a mid fielder even after the coach requested for it publicly! There just cannot be a lower point for Barcelona!!

Home of Barca Fans