Josep Maria Bartomeu

[tw]897815603242704897[/tw]

He's not wrong tbf, the only thing that matters is the vote of no confidence.

He is wrong, if the map showing the origins of the hashtags is accurate. Spain had more than any other country, and to expect any single country to generate more than every other country is obviously retarded, but it's the board we're talking about so I'm getting redundant.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm loving this btw.

First they come out to deny the conspiracy surrounding the Paulinho transfer and now they come out to dismiss the #BartomeuDimiteYa trend.

Social media has done wonders over the past week to expose these cronies.

It must be terrifying to them that the new generation of Socis are going to be so technologically inclined.

They're on damage control.

GetIn

He is wrong, if the map showing the origins of the hashtags is accurate. Spain had more than any other country, and to expect any single country to generate more than every other country is obviously retarded, but it's the board we're talking about so I'm getting redundant.

Thanks for that, guess I stand corrected.

Devils

It's not like the club relies on foreign sponsorships, shirt and merchandise sales, travelling fans etc...

Literally the one thing you should not do in these situations is isolate a large majority of your fanbase, and they fucking did it.

It's almost too surreal to believe.

GetIn

Full statement from Vives:

FC Barcelona spokesman, Josep Vives, has denounced a campaign of threats against the president of the club, Josep Maria Bartomeu and "his family environment" from social networks. In a statement Vives has read before the cameras of Barça TV, he considers that it is a "campaign of artificial prestige and manipulated, taking into account that the vast majority of the mentions did not come only from outside Catalonia and Of Spain, but also outside Europe, and took place outside the local time, that is to say at dawn." Vives also pointed out that the network campaign, which turned the hashtag 'BartomeuDimissio' into a global trending topic, not only implied Bartomeu, "who received pressures and threats", but also affected "his family environment." In this sense, Barça appeals "to the responsibility of all those involved" and ensures that "we are sensitive to the mood of the fans, but we have many challenges ahead that can only be assumed with serenity and confidence."

Looks like this campaign has been a success, keep going, we can only go up from here. That fact that they even acknowledged this campaign is a huge deal in itself.

But what a joke this response was. "Bartos family is being threatened?" Give me a break we're asking him to resign, nobody, well the mast majority of people are not sending him death threats.

We need to hit them where it hurts, their wallets, the only thing that they care about. I'm not giving this club a dime until this traitorous board is thrown out and I advise others to do the same.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
His family is threatened by the newfound lack of job security. Think of the children. :VdB:

Trying to paint themselves as the victims. Absolutely disgraceful.

Devils

#BartomeuDimiteYa

Is going to happen at the halftime during the game today. Will be trying to make it trend globally once again, regardless of the score of match.

If you have twitter make it happen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Without foreign fans this club will sink into oblivion, a second tier club at best.

Seriously, this fucking board/management and all their incompetent weasels are slowly but surely chipping away my love/devotion toward Barca and my identity as a Barca fan. Good for me I guess so I don't have to suffer for too long. Never thought this would be happening but it is.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
So fans outside of Catalonia don't count. Without them Barcelona would be on the same level as gimnastic tarragona.

Home of Barca Fans