Josep Maria Bartomeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubi is the biggest culprit in this along with Rosell, then comes Bartomeu.

The players he signed and did not sign. Downright criminal. He's a Barca Legend, but he should never be a Sporting Director ever again. I've no idea how he managed to land that Marseille gig.

serghei

Just imagine the era we could've had if the vital decisions of the past few years were different. We could've had some of RM's best players, or arguably better ones. Better coaches, better systems, a full use of Messi's prime years. It was not even remotely difficult to achieve this; the choices were handed straight to Barca and basic logic made the decisions obvious yet we managed to make the wrong ones anyway.

Madrid's recent dominance is on our hands. We were so far ahead of other teams in football that we had full determination of whether or not we'd remain the best team in the world. The only thing that could've brought us down was ourselves and that's exactly what happened.

Time's not lost. The past two seasons were great. Treble and double is an amazing performance. If this season repeats next season as well, then we can talk.

Biggest mistakes I can think of was not going for Kroos and losing Thiago.

KingLeo10

Just imagine the era we could've had if the vital decisions of the past few years were different. We could've had some of RM's best players, or arguably better ones. Better coaches, better systems, a full use of Messi's prime years. It was not even remotely difficult to achieve this; the choices were handed straight to Barca and basic logic made the decisions obvious yet we managed to make the wrong ones anyway.

Madrid's recent dominance is on our hands. We were so far ahead of other teams in football that we had full determination of whether or not we'd remain the best team in the world. The only thing that could've brought us down was ourselves and that's exactly what happened.

i tend to agree with you on most of this (kroos not being signed and douglas signed over asensio as two blatant examples) but we have to bear in mind that hindsight is 20/20 and the type of success the club enjoyed inevitably breeds complacency and misjudgement. there have been extraordinarily strong teams in the past like milan of the late 80s/early 90s and there is always a rebuilding period after such heights.

call me overly optimistic but i think most of our current woes lie with the absolute incompetent hack we have as manager. he is the culprit behind the capitulation in paris and turin as well as the liga games lost to weak sides. take that away and we had a "good" season, despite carrying so much deadweight. once we hire a competent manager and make 1 good CM and 1 good RB signing, we can challenge on all fronts.

Last edited:

ryuken

None with this bunch of retards at the top, this laughable scenario was the end result of dubious socis voting

frog-fcb

What Madrid recent dominance we have been owning them for years

Galning

He should fuck off if he's standing trial. Even if it means Cardoner taking over. It looks bad for the club, but not as if this idiot gives a shit.

You are talking about the man who decided to let FC Barcelona stand trial and not him and Rosell :lol:

Even when Rosell resigned he didn't have the decency to say it was because of the fiasco.. no, he said it was his family got threatened :rolleyes:

These guys have no dignity whatsoever so don't expect any.

FC B

Yep. There's no Madrid dominance. They won like 1 league in a decade and got both CL titles either on pens or last gasp header. They were certainly not dominating team in any period.

Agreed but tell this to the overly dominant stupid madridista type of fan that will only tell you 11 "CL" atm and might just tell you in a few weeks 2 consecutive CL in the new format and 3 CLs out of four, they don't care anything else but winning, no matter how they do it... That's why they call them Los Plasticos...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What Madrid recent dominance we have been owning them for years

They won the CL last year and almost came back in the league post-Benitez when they had Zidane (within 1 point). This year they are the favorites to win the league and CL as of now. They're already in the CL final and within a few games of securing the league title. I'd also be willing to bet money that their squad will still be clearly superior to ours after this summer as well. If you ignore the short Benitez period then they've been superior to us overall for about a year and a half and will likely continue. 3 CL's in 4 years would be a very meaningful achievement. Back to back CL's would be a very meaningful achievement. And they'll probably add a league title to that trophy haul as well.

Many of their best players are still fairly young and entering their primes (Kroos, Carvajal, Varane, Casemiro, Isco, etc.) while Ramos/Ronaldo are still world class. Ramos doesn't look like he's slowing down at all yet while Ronaldo is still every bit as useful in games where it matters, they literally don't need him to destroy all but 3-4 La Liga teams. Now imagine they replace Benzema with Mbappe during the offseason or manage to get Hazard or some other world class player. Asensio also has crazy potential, probably the best Spanish talent around at the moment and will keep improving and increasing his presence/role in the squad. I doubt this team is even at their peak yet and they will be handled very well with more transfers and Zidane's good management ability to keep all his players (even his subs) performing at a very high level.

Whereas for us, Iniesta is on his last legs and so is Mascherano. I have to say that we handled the Masche situation well since Umtiti is a perfect replacement and we'll probably buy another good player like Davinson Sanchez at some point. Our midfield, however, is dire. Iniesta on his way down, Gomes/Arda/Denis/Rafinha all apparently staying, and our problem-solving midfield transfer is supposed to be Coutinho :lol:. Suarez is also already declining or declining soon so we'll have to start trying to give him the Ronaldo treatment and hope it can extend his prime. At RB we'll have the mighty..... Bellerin? Things don't look good for us, things look pretty fucking great for Madrid. It's not hard to see that this period of 2-3 years has been/will be in their favor. Madrid have not reached dominance YET, but if/when they secure the incoming titles and probably even more next season, Barca fans will start to feel the heat.

SeloBarca

Bartomeu is a Laporta wannabee.
Since Laporta brought in Pep, a former player and made the most succesful team in our history, Bartomeu wants to do the same but has now failed.
Got saved in voting by MSN winning a treble for the club.
I dont think the players like him either.

jamrock

In a strange way he makes me miss even rosell, at least he was a egotist who would at least try to do things, this guy is just pure H@#$+ $¥it.

Home of Barca Fans