José Mourinho

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His shtick has gotten old, a relic who will never be remembered for anything other than his sideshow antics

Martindn

So the leak is someone who played under Sir Alex. Cant see it being Valencia or De gea. Young or Jones either. So Carrick Smalling or Rooney.

Take one guess after whats been in the media these past few days with the hate a certain player has been getting. Neville is right its fucking embarassing, same shit different year happened under Moyes and LVG too just excercise this tumor already.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The thing is that Man Utd have some difficult games coming up too. Is Mourinho actually going to lose the dressing room in his first season?

Martindn

Well the journalist who posted the Article has a history with Rooney so it just looks like him firing back after his hammering, its too much of a coincidence, wouldn't say its at that point just yet. Going to be a rough 3 or 4 weeks for sure.

And if he does lose parts of the dressing room though i think the fans and would hope the board would stick with him, the buck has to go past the manager at some point, and hey they can hardly go and put less effort into playing than they already are like the Chelsea players did. Well know whats up at his pre match conference today.

S7_MUFC

Can't believe how good City are compared to us...There is absolutely no debate that Guardiola and Klopp are head and shoulders above Mourhino. I remember pep saying the whole formation and tactics thing is massively overrated and the most important thing is the movement of players but Mourhino seems so obsessed with setting up his team and completely ignores the movement.

Morten

Can't believe how good City are compared to us...There is absolutely no debate that Guardiola and Klopp are head and shoulders above Mourhino. I remember pep saying the whole formation and tactics thing is massively overrated and the most important thing is the movement of players but Mourhino seems so obsessed with setting up his team and completely ignores the movement.

He used to be pretty good at setting up a bus at least, but these days he cant even do that.

Jenks

Well another of his strengths used to be his man management, he used to create a bunker mentality at his clubs and get everyone fighting for him. I have no idea why he's started to throw everyone else under the bus in the media. It's like he wants to lose his job again.

Martindn

An apparent confidant has wrote a book about him. Seems a bit naughty he used texts and emails and private conversations. Probably endorsed though hes on the front cover and everything.

"It is the same thing, I’m happy, he’s made his money, that’s fine, that’s fine for me.” "I don’t think the book will be in gallery of Shakespeare’s and so on, happy to don’t comment, it’s my last word about it." "I met Arsene Wenger a couple of weeks ago and like civilised people we shook hands and we sat on the same table." Jose Mourinho asked if he feels betrayed by the book: "You can see how close he was.”

When Rafael Benitez got the Madrid job in 2015 it was an appointment that amazed Jose.He emailed me: ‘No way (will Benitez get it).’

He revealed he had turned down an approach to go back himself, saying: ‘President loves me and wanted me to go and clean it, clean s*** people like Pepe, Casillas, Ramos, Marcelo. I told him too late.

‘Presi thinks Zidane because of name and status but he did s*** with B team and he is afraid of that risk. Klopp is only one he can bring . . . Rafa no wayyy.’ This time Jose was wrong. A month later, in June 2015, Benitez became the boss at the Bernabeu.

Even more astonishingly, Benitez also became interim manager of Chelsea in November 2012. When the news broke we were both stunned. Jose’s message was on the money: ‘Fat rafa in cfc.’

It has been revealed in Robert Beasley's upcoming book 'Jose Mourinho: Up Close and Personal' that the Portuguese coach was livid by his team's apathetic response to Michael Essien's birthday.

The former Chelsea midfielder organised a party in December 2012 during his time in the Spanish capital and was left reeling when only a handful of teammates turned up.

Beasley states in his book that Mourinho felt it indicated a wider problem with team spirit at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

"Mourinho said that Madrid was a political club with warring factions and told me a story about Essien inviting teammates to his 30th birthday but only a few turned up," Beasley explained.

"He had to console Essien, saying it was nothing personal and that it didn't mean the players didn't like him but they simply were only concerned with themselves and had better things to do."

Later it emerged that only Luka Modric and Ricardo Carvalho attended the party with the centre-half having known the midfielder from their time together at Stamford Bridge.

Rooney's world was in turmoil and Mourinho was ready to exploit the situation to the maximum to try to land the man he felt would end his striker woes.

Jose had been a long-time admirer of Rooney and three years earlier had expressed an interest in signing him for Real Madrid.

That was in October 2010 when Rooney had angrily pulled out of contract talks with United. Mourinho responded from Spain, saying: 'If Rooney wants to leave - give me a call.'

No phone call was forthcoming, as Rooney quickly reconsidered his situation under Ferguson and signed a new five-year contract.

This time around, Mourinho sensed it could be different. It was clear that Rooney was unhappy and unsettled and that's all Mourinho needed to know. His subsequent pursuit of the then 27-year-old throughout the summer of 2013 was relentless.

As early as June, Mourinho had said: 'I like him, he is at a fantastic age. He has maturity and big experience.' On July 7 he was turning up the heat, hinting Rooney's unhappiness at United could affect England.

'If Wayne is a second choice for United, the national team will be affected,' he said. A few days later he was back at it, adding: 'I can't speak about players from other teams but you know me, I have always said what I think and I like the player very much.'

Mourinho was ultra-confident of success by the time Chelsea arrived in the USA for pre-season at the end of July.

It was clear that the Blues were now ready to go to £30million to sign Rooney, the magic figure they believed would seal the deal. Spirits were high.

I remember sitting in the lounge of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington DC having dinner with my son Joshua when Jose sauntered over. The next thing my 12-year-old lad knew, the Chelsea boss was pushing him along to squeeze into the chair with him.

Jose's opening line was a corker: 'What do you think of us trying to sign the Fat Boy?'

Josh was caught out for a second and didn't cotton on to the 'Fat Boy' joke at first. I started laughing and told him: 'He means Rooney — the Fat Boy is Rooney.'

For all his joking, Jose was a huge fan of the United striker and desperately wanted to sign him up.

Later, I called Rooney's agent Paul Stretford. I'd known him for years and we had a decent relationship. We had a long chat about the situation and he encouraged me to believe that his man would be leaving Manchester United.

It seemed to be confirmation. It wasn't. Far from it. Chelsea were waiting for Rooney to hand in an official transfer request, something he seemed reluctant to do.

After United and Chelsea drew 0-0 at Old Trafford at the start of the season, Mourinho played his final card. 'One way or another he has to say, "I want to leave" or "I want to stay",' said Mourinho.

Rooney never did say 'I want to leave' that summer and the deal collapsed. Mourinho was left in the lurch.

It was while standing on a fire escape at the Ricardo Montalban Theatre in LA in the summer of 2009 that Jose told me his Inter Milan side were selling Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Barcelona in exchange for £45m and Samuel Eto'o.

'It's an amazing deal, eh?' said Mourinho as he took a break from a pre-season tour event.

Relationships run deep with Mourinho, though, and he and Ibrahimovic stayed in touch.

Mourinho told me: 'A player who gave me as much as Ibra will always be in my heart. He did a lot for Inter. Ibra is a player I'll never forget.'

In February 2012 when I told Mourinho I was heading to Milan to interview Zlatan, he replied: 'Tell him that I say I will be the coach winning in Spain, Italy and England and he should be the player (to do the same). He has to play in England — in my team!'

Mourinho was still manager of Real Madrid back then but he'd always told me his next stop would be back in England. He always hoped they would be back on the same side again. It became a reality at Manchester United in 2016.

Jose Mourinho believed UEFA and the Football Association were out to ‘f**k us’ during his time at Chelsea, according to a new biography.

A new book by Rob Beasley, Jose Mourinho: Up close and personal, which is being serialised by The Daily Mail, has given an insight into Mourinho’s anger behind UEFA’s decision to allow Thibaut Courtois to play against Chelsea for Atletico Madrid, and an FA fine of £8,000 for being sent off in the defeat to Aston Villa in 2014.

Courtois, who was on loan at Atletico during the 2013-14 campaign, was permitted to feature against his parent club in the Champions League semi-final.

Beasley wrote in his book: ‘Mourinho raged to me: ‘Courtois to play is a joke but the biggest joke is (we) play Liverpool on the Sunday.

‘It is a disgrace that we play Sunday. We play for Chelsea and also for England. It is a disgrace.

‘They hide behind walls and f**k us.

‘Who are they? Do they have a name and a face? It is amazing.’

‘Then he turned on his old enemies, the FA, and their latest punishment: ‘I don’t accept the decision. I don’t pay.

‘I fight the decision and I kill the guys there.

‘They want to f**k me and they do.

‘Old guys, don’t have a clue about football. I told them that they are a disgrace.’

All too soon she had disappeared from sight into the corridor and inevitably Jose was the first to react. 'F***ing hell, Brad Pitt — what a w*****!'

Pitt had of course dumped Jennifer the year before and turned his attentions to Angelina Jolie instead, a fact Mourinho was equally quick to seize upon.

In a flash he added: 'Jennifer Aniston one, Angelina Jolie nil' and as he mentioned Jolie's name he pouted to mimic Angelina's famous full mouth, her trademark feature.

Jose Mourinho wants to be acknowledged as the best at any opportunity. Which is why, in December 2014, he was convinced there must have been a deliberate campaign against him over the Manager of the Month award.

Mourinho had the hump because he'd missed out again and this time he decided to react. He asked: 'Do me a favour, try to (find out) who decides that s*** Manager of the Month.

'I don't care (about) that s*** but till the end of November I was, from day one to the last day, top of the league and zero defeats. (But) I didn't win in August, September, October or November!!!

'The last one was (Alan) Pardew - lost in November against West Ham and I won all, including Liverpool away and drew at Sunderland. This isn't normal!

'I need to know who are the people? Four years in Premier League, two titles, two seconds and I won Manager of the Month twice eh, eh, eh?'

It was actually three times but the point was perfectly illustrated towards the end of a title-winning season when the panel once again ignored Mourinho for the award.

This time he was in a rage, and he had a point. He'd not won a single Manager of the Month award since his return to Chelsea and when he heard on May 8 that he'd been overlooked again, it was all too much.

He fumed to me: 'Manager of the Month, Nigel Pearson!! A month where Leicester lost to Chelsea and Chelsea won four and draw at Arsenal. This one is the ice on the cake.

'What is going on? Zero manager of the month when I am top of the league from day one, many months without defeat. Now I win against Leicester and Pearson wins. Amazing!'

I told him it was 'a disgrace and an insult' and said if he went on to be named Manager of the Year he should refuse it.

He replied: 'I don't win for sure. It's an insult, yes, I feel that way but everything has its limit and they should be ashamed.'

Later that month, Mourinho was announced as Manager of the Year.

It was the third time he'd received the honour, each time after a victorious league title with the Blues.

Home of Barca Fans