Jordi Alba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think this is linked with Messi's possible return. They've tried to get rid of Alba for two years now. It's just that he finally agreed to do it after sitting on the bench behind Balde for most of the season. Before that he was the starter and had no reason to leave.

Porque

Don't think this is linked with Messi's possible return. They've tried to get rid of Alba for two years now. It's just that he finally agreed to do it after sitting on the bench behind Balde for most of the season. Before that he was the starter and had no reason to leave.

We will see. I don't think he would mutually terminate his big contract and deferrals so easily.

I reckon it's because of the Saudi windfall, and only way Alba gets there as part of the Messi package (so to speak). Saudi not taking Alba on big money without Messi.

If I'm wrong and it's because he lost his spot, and he ends up going to Serie A, Atleti or even PL. Then fair play to him and respect.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We will see. I don't think he would mutually terminate his big contract and deferrals so easily.

I reckon it's because of the Saudi windfall, and only way Alba gets there as part of the Messi package (so to speak). Saudi not taking Alba on big money without Messi.

He might go to Inter who have been interested in signing him since last year.

jamrock

I think he is aligned with the sporting decisions, that makes it worthwhile to stay.

From reports he was against the return of Messi. I'm sure Messi returning would have hindered the exit of Alba and possibly Busquets.

EDIT

The bigger picture is we now have an excellent chance to build the new project with the big wages off the books.

Let's hope we don't squander it on lacklustre signings now.

I don't think they are as link as would see at face value, they have been trying to get rid of abla for 2 years now and they wanted to keep busquets.

So not really sporting decisions are aligned in the way it seems as first glance.

Plus I don't think the Messi without is linked to those two.

But I agree that those guys leaving gives the club a lot of breathing room going forward which is always welcome, probably why we will likey be going back to 1:1 this summer.

Porque

I don't think they are as link as would see at face value, they have been trying to get rid of abla for 2 years now and they wanted to keep busquets.

So not really sporting decisions are aligned in the way it seems as first glance.

Plus I don't think the Messi without is linked to those two.

But I agree that those guys leaving gives the club a lot of breathing room going forward which is always welcome, probably why we will likey be going back to 1:1 this summer.

You could be right. I don't think the three of them meeting up these past few months, Messi Saudi visit and subsequent PSG fine is all coincidence.

Could be well wrong on this, but that's what this forum is for. Let's see how this plays out.

jamrock

I would surprised if Alba goes to Saudi Arabia.

He's gonna stay in Europe, he isn't washed up, has another 2 years in him at a very high level.

Good thing about this is we will be able to address the RB, DM and LF position in our team in the summer, just like I predicted.

We were never gonna be able to do it all in one summer, the plan was clearly always to rebuild over 2+ windows.

JamDav1982

No one claimed no players would be signed last summer and of course they need to fill those positions when didnt address them last summer.

Try again.

Nazario1985

99 assists
6th best in the club history

But we all know 80% of them are because of Messi

Still best left back in the club history

Home of Barca Fans