João Laporta

Porque

Xavi may even go regardless of the result. After Madrid season is finished while if Rafa is replacement, well he is already here.

Just a question on all parties being ready. B team may have playoffs which will mean their season ends quite late.

Loki

I stated a very controversial opinion a few years ago, but I believe the structure of this club needs to change if we are to remain relevant in the biggest stages of Europe. I wouldn't be opposed of the club being bought out by non-Catalans. This whole Catalan bias is destroying the club. We are closer to becoming the next Athletic Bilbao than the Barca of day's past.

Laporta, Font, etc. it's all the same shit. They will always be biased and opposed to adapting to modern football.
If the guys who don't want the club to lose it's DNA get the votes, then it automatically means the majority of the socios don't want it either. That's how a democracy works.
That said, the day barca loses it'S DNA and starts playing the most pragmatic football like Madrid is the day I'll also quit the club. I don't watch football mainly because of titles I can enjoy few days every season. I fell in love with the club watching Ronaldinho doing Ronaldinho things. The day barca wants to lose that idea of the game with the ball, is the day I lose motivation to watch them.

Porque

Well, the whole benefit of the socio model is that unlike a business the club doesn't need to be run with profit margins, so all income generated can be put towards the sports project. Ie, signings and salaries.

But a decade of inept President, COVID, CVC-war with LaLiga and FFP killed that idea.

Well unless you are state owned where you can just build Europe's most expensive stadium during a pandemic and also have salary cap and profits go up tenfold :lol:

draconifire

If the guys who don't want the club to lose it's DNA get the votes, then it automatically means the majority of the socios don't want it either. That's how a democracy works.
That said, the day barca loses it'S DNA and starts playing the most pragmatic football like Madrid is the day I'll also quit the club. I don't watch football mainly because of titles I can enjoy few days every season. I fell in love with the club watching Ronaldinho doing Ronaldinho things. The day barca wants to lose that idea of the game with the ball, is the day I lose motivation to watch them.
Bro tell me in the past decade where have we shown that idea of the game? Since Lucho's 2nd season, we haven't shown attractive football. You remove Messi and there are almost to no moments to remember. We bought Setien to see good football, nada, Same with Xavi, nada. Remind me please of the moments in the last 6-8 years where you have seen us playing with flair, and also remove Messi in that.

Loki

Bro tell me in the past decade where have we shown that idea of the game?
That's another question. It's true we didn't show our style of football often in the last decade, if then mostly against weak teams. Part of it has to do with the atrocious way the club was lead in the Bartomeu period, with complete ignorance of La-Masia and throwing away money left and right for outside bums who didn't identify with our club. That changed recently, a big part of it because there was no other way thanks to money problems of course and now it'll take some time to fill the squad with La-Masia players again.
We need to be patient until they get enough experience to compete in the biggest games. That's my hope at least that we return back to the roots with the squad's core consisting of La-Masia or very young transfers like Pedri and then additional world class players on some positions La-Masia can't help as it was during the successful past.
I don't know of course what will happen in the future, but that is my hope and as long as it remains alive, I'm okay with building takes time and losing titles in that period. If Madrid only identifies themselves through titles, not through the squad and style of football, then that's their way of doing things. It is perfectly okay of course, but personally I couldn't support something like this.

draconifire

And that's my point. It's not that we don't have quality players or quality youngsters. Our youngsters are one of the best in the world. What we lack inside the club and in the team is the ruthlessness. We have to get rid of that mentality. Our players become either too complacent or too much reliant on the system they think is superior. We need to instill a sense of ruthlessness.

As mentioned we already don't have the "DNA" whatever that means, in our squad for almost a decade. Why not at least instill some chutzpah in the teenager and make them ready for their future squad.

Birdy

8njxlv.jpg

Laporta's 2nd presidency in images....

Barca DNA doesn't mean anything. Every top club can do what Barcelona used to with the build up and high line possession except now teams are also stronger faster and better in defence. Barcelona lacks any kind of defensive discipline and intensity or the physical ability of other teams that's why they get bounced in Europe.

Even in 2013 they were completely exposed until Lucho demanded a more physical and defensive coaching.

The fact that people think Barca DNA means anything shows how much the fans are clueless and the management team as well.

iniestaGOAT

Laporta: "We immediately request that the CTA and the RFEF provide us with all the images and audio of Lamine's 'ghost' goal. If it's confirmed that it's a legal goal, we don't rule out asking for a REMATCH."

LETS DO IT

Laporta: "I would like to stress that although we will focus on this Lamine Yamal goal, we also disagree with various actions during the course of the match which, although they could have been consulted in the VAR, were incomprehensibly ignored by the referee."

Blanco

Laporta: "We immediately request that the CTA and the RFEF provide us with all the images and audio of Lamine's 'ghost' goal. If it's confirmed that it's a legal goal, we don't rule out asking for a REMATCH."

LETS DO IT

Laporta: "I would like to stress that although we will focus on this Lamine Yamal goal, we also disagree with various actions during the course of the match which, although they could have been consulted in the VAR, were incomprehensibly ignored by the referee."
It wasn’t a goal, but anyway… its better for you guys not to ask for a rematch, because our players won’t be tired and this time we will not beat you with only one goal.

iniestaGOAT

It wasn’t a goal, but anyway… its better for you guys not to ask for a rematch, because our players won’t be tired and this time we will not beat you with only one goal.

It's already been proven it was a goal.
Now we want a rematch.
If we have to lose heat us fair and square.. if not stfu and play again.

Loki

What is he expecting to find? A communication like this: "Yeah, it looks like a goal, but let's not give it because Vinicius promised me a signed kit if we let them win"?
The rematch is of course total nonesense. It will never happen, no matter the audio and images. The worst LaLiga will do is ban the ref a couple of games and that's about it.

I don't know if attacking now will help our club in the future. What it certainly does is giving Perez's media enough material to slander Laporta and Barca for the whole week across spain.

Reactions: BJJ

iniestaGOAT

What is he expecting to find? A communication like this: "Yeah, it looks like a goal, but let's not give it because Vinicius promised me a signed kit if we let them win"?
The rematch is of course total nonesense. It will never happen, no matter the audio and images. The worst LaLiga will do is ban the ref a couple of games and that's about it.

I don't know if attacking now will help our club in the future. What it certainly does is giving Perez's media enough material to slander Laporta and Barca for the whole week across spain.

Stop it. Laporta and the club will get trolled a little bit.

But we 100 percent won't get screwed out of 10-15 points like we did this season.

Porque

Laporta is being a politician. But damn, I remember watching early Premier League in the 90s and their had their own in-house hawkeye type tech where they could see if a ball crossed the line or not, 25+ years ago.

And here, with VAR they could not even show the freeze frame with the ball at its furthest point behind the line.

Home of Barca Fans