João Laporta

Messigician

No, Laporta was good in his period. Barto and Rosell that did destroy his work
Rosell is a former Nike executive and one of the smartest people in football lol

The only one who could steal Neymar from a state clubs nose but he paid the price for it to be sure

khaled_a_d

🎙️| Laporta: “We told Nike that based on the violations that were clear to us, we terminated the contract with them. They had 45 days to compensate us, and they did not do that and we informed them of the termination of the contract. They responded to this with precautionary measures that we responded to and now we see the solution to these measures.” #fcblive

Big gamble, hope it will be good.

Porque

We should be able to command a big sale.

With our brand recognition, if we were owned and operated as a legitimate business we would be able to easily agree one of the top two shirt agreements in the world.

Loki

What are long term contracts worth, if you try to terminate them the minute you receive a better offer?
When Laporta signed the contract with Nike, he announced proudly it was the best deal in the world. Now a few years later he says Nike is robbing the club. Pathetic behaviour in my opinion just for the sake of making a dollar.

Porque

Khaled will better explain the issues with the Nike fulfillment.

But yes, Laporta is looking for the best deal to leverage our upcoming revenue bubble. And the best deal is always from the competitor that needs your business.

Loyalty is nothing more than a herbal drink.

khaled_a_d

What are long term contracts worth, if you try to terminate them the minute you receive a better offer?
When Laporta signed the contract with Nike, he announced proudly it was the best deal in the world. Now a few years later he says Nike is robbing the club. Pathetic behaviour in my opinion just for the sake of making a dollar.

As far as I know, the deal was signed in 2018, by Bartomeu.
That is what the Athletic says at least.
He claimed Spotify was the best Sponsor deal, not sure if he ever said Nike did

khaled_a_d

Btw, the breaking of the contract should be done in 2025, at least that is what Laporta claimed before. Next season there is no problem but it is about the time between 2025 to 2028.
Biggest issue will be the legal battle, if that is settled down then we are ok.

Loki

As far as I know, the deal was signed in 2018, by Bartomeu.
That is what the Athletic says at least.
He claimed Spotify was the best Sponsor deal, not sure if he ever said Nike did
Okay my bad then. I thought he extended the contract, but it was still Barto in 2016 who extended for 10 years until 2026. Still, if the contract is valid, it just looks bad if you're behaving like Laporta does.
If it's about money, Laporta forgets good behaviour. Remember how ugly the club tried to pressure Frenkie to transfer to united and you can be sure, Laporta gave that command.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Adidas and Puma have better designs so getting rid of Nike is already a bonus in that regard, as long as we don't end up losing a legal battle or selfdestruct in some other way.

Home of Barca Fans