João Laporta

Givenchy

Tin foil hat but probably some shady business going on behind the scenes so Xavi gets paid compensation. Nobody can be THIS retarded surely.

draconifire

This guy needs to fuck off. How can you be this incompetent? Calling a press conference a month back to say Xavi stays and now you sack.
Just bring the no-confidence motion and take this guy out of the club.
Some spectators were chanting Xavi during the last match, so it should be easy to get the signatures for the vote.

fergus90

He won’t see past 2026 now, the first few years have been enough to seal his fate.

I’ve no issue with Xavi not continuing but the handling of it was as amateur as you can get, from supposedly one of the biggest clubs in world football.

The way Barca has been ran for the past 10 years has been nothing short of farcical.

Loki

Spot on

Quique Sánchez (Sevilla Coach) on Xavi's dismissal: “I shouldn't say this, but how badly Barça treats it’s legends. It already happened with Koeman, with Messi…”

Messi and Xavi I completely agree, Koeman made his own bed. Whining about everything but himself, while dropping to 9th place in the league.

khaled_a_d

Messi and Xavi I completely agree, Koeman made his own bed. Whining about everything but himself, while dropping to 9th place in the league.

The rumour is that Laporta told him in summer of 2021, that he doesn't want him but he will keep him if he doesn't find a replacement.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

There is nobody remotely adequate enough to replace him. The fact that Font is mentioned says it all.

Things in football can change very quickly. If he manages to secure Pep or Klopp in 2025, which is what I'm sure he is counting on, there will be very little clamour for him to leave.

fergus90

I was a fan first time around, although he did have his faults.

Three years in to the second tenure he's potentially watching the arch rivals win two league + CL doubles in 3 seasons.
Lied to the clubs fans about renewing it's most successful player (despite the situation not being his fault, fans won't care about the details just that he strung them along)
Public handling of Koeman.
Public handling of Xavi.

His only saving grace might be the lack of alternative because if Flick doesn't work out for him, he's in real trouble. Currently the club is a million miles off appealing to Klopp or Pep. I wish that wasn't the case but that's the reality.

Devils

1) Barto taking on huge unreasonable risk and leaving the club in a financial mess.
2) Laporta burning bridges with Messi, Koeman and Xavi in the most humiliating way to the point where they will probably never want to associate with the club again.

Pick one.

Nazario1985

1) Barto taking on huge unreasonable risk and leaving the club in a financial mess.
2) Laporta burning bridges with Messi, Koeman and Xavi in the most humiliating way to the point where they will probably never want to associate with the club again.

Pick one.

the main problem is not Messi (who doesn't give a shit about Laporta he knows he can go back to the club anytime he wants even if Laporta is bodyguarding the gates) or Xavi ..etc burning bridges .

It is about the image of the club (which is the only thing left), imagine being a young talent in argentina or brazil year 2027, and clubs comes knocking at your door, seeing the clowns who runs our club you must be an idiot to choose FCB, as you could find yourself on a loan 15 days after arriving !

jamrock

Really should have just stuck to his hunbs
I was a fan first time around, although he did have his faults.

Three years in to the second tenure he's potentially watching the arch rivals win two league + CL doubles in 3 seasons.
Lied to the clubs fans about renewing it's most successful player (despite the situation not being his fault, fans won't care about the details just that he strung them along)
Public handling of Koeman.
Public handling of Xavi.

His only saving grace might be the lack of alternative because if Flick doesn't work out for him, he's in real trouble. Currently the club is a million miles off appealing to Klopp or Pep. I wish that wasn't the case but that's the reality.
Not much he could do about the first one given our current situation, could have pushed Madrid harder in the league this season, probably why he's firing Xavi.

The rest is fair, but not anything fundamental.

On the flip side,

he's figured out how to build our new stadium.

Stabilized us financially, not re transfer money, but prevented the club from going bankrupt.

Signed new sponsors when we were at our lowest point in history.

So on the important stuff it's more good than bad.

Home of Barca Fans