João Laporta

Kohe321

Laporta (ex-president): "Do I want to be president again? I'm ready, I'm motivated, but now it's the time to support the team." [via tv3]

Neeraj

As someone mentioned earlier, I think the greatest advantage Laporta can take from this is that he has seen exactly what NOT to do, surely he has learnt from all the mistakes..

Last edited:

yahudi

Didn't like the article.

How would you hold the Ronaldindo purchase over Beckham against Laporta? And at the same time leave out the really grave stuff like the detective surveillance of players and staff? The only actual point is Laporta's creative accounting which has been known for quite a while.

mssarm

Didn't like the article.

How would you hold the Ronaldindo purchase over Beckham against Laporta? And at the same time leave out the really grave stuff like the detective surveillance of players and staff? The only actual point is Laporta's creative accounting which has been known for quite a while.
Because Laporta was making comments to media that he is signing Backham, while Backham was in RM office signing the contract with Perez. He escaped the full embarrassment because Rossell used his Brazil connections to get Ronaldinho. I don't see a major problem with the article. Laporta's board had corruption charges, Laporta himself got caught using club's funds to pay off prostitutes.

khaled_a_d

Because Laporta was making comments to media that he is signing Backham, while Backham was in RM office signing the contract with Perez. He escaped the full embarrassment because Rossell used his Brazil connections to get Ronaldinho. I don't see a major problem with the article. Laporta's board had corruption charges, Laporta himself got caught using club's funds to pay off prostitutes.

1-Laporta promised to bring Beckham ,that is true but it wasn't just BS .Manu has announced they had an agreement with him for Beckham for 50M$ ,it wasn't a BS but Beckham rejected barca and he forced a move to Real with less money
Beckham was btw more of financial move ,a player that brings back spot light ,sell shirts etc we were lucky he decided not to come here
2-The whole Rosell brought R10 due to Brazilian connection is big load of shit ,fact he was playing in France ,fact he was open to a move to Real madrid,Barca or Manu and he said that many times in summer 2003 ,he even invited Italian clubs to make a move for him.all 3 clubs fought for his signing in 2003 .it was a very long sage and we won by making the biggest offer to PSG ,we didn't get him because of some false connection in Brazil we got him because we overpaid other clubs
Manu wasn't risking huge money for a player who was gonna be their 1st Brazilian ever ,his success was a risk,RM decided to bring a defender and got Milito b4 he failed medical
3-Laporta made mistakes that is for sure,but he brought 3 CL titles to us ,he is the best president we ever had and it isn't even close .luck can help but it can't get you as far .he let his people do their job ,and he brings the right people
I wanted Laporta out,most of his board members quite and he stayed with a poisonous effect,but he isolated the team and protected it
4-Laporta won the European title in the club 3 major sports,Football,Basketball&handball .this isn't luck

Laporta isn't coming and suddenly making us best team in the world in seconds,he isn't going to touch every thing and turn it in gold,he surely had his ups and downs .but he still managed to get success

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You minimized Rosell's merit in bringing Ronaldinho while singling out Laporta's merit in everything good.

hamad138

Banned
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf suggests a Laporta comeback at Barca could mean the return of Johan Cruyff - and Ronald Koeman as new manager because Pep Guardiola has no interest to coming back to Barcelona

MessiDinho10

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf suggests a Laporta comeback at Barca could mean the return of Johan Cruyff - and Ronald Koeman as new manager because Pep Guardiola has no interest to coming back to Barcelona

I think we should be careful with appointing Koeman, I don't know whether or not he'll be a good manager.

zanela

Until Laporta makes his candidacy official and outlines his project, there will be 'n' no. of names being linked to him.

Here's another:

@albertgonzadon
-Laporta habría contactado con Klopp, que habría dicho que sí, entre otras razones, debido a la mala temporada que está haciendo el Dortmund.
-Y no se queda ahí la cosa. Klopp habría convencido a Reus para que no fiche por ningún equipo este año y "espere" al Barça.
-Laporta, además, habría llamado a Eric Abidal para que sea su mano derecha en su proyecto de cara al curso que viene. El francés lo pensará.
-No puedo confirmar que sea una opción 100% segura, pero sí que es el mayor deseo y la intención de Laporta en estos momentos.

Is this guy any reliable?

F

Flavia

Until Laporta makes his candidacy official and outlines his project, there will be 'n' no. of names being linked to him.

Here's another:

@albertgonzadon
-Laporta habría contactado con Klopp, que habría dicho que sí, entre otras razones, debido a la mala temporada que está haciendo el Dortmund.
-Y no se queda ahí la cosa. Klopp habría convencido a Reus para que no fiche por ningún equipo este año y "espere" al Barça.
-Laporta, además, habría llamado a Eric Abidal para que sea su mano derecha en su proyecto de cara al curso que viene. El francés lo pensará.
-No puedo confirmar que sea una opción 100% segura, pero sí que es el mayor deseo y la intención de Laporta en estos momentos.

Is this guy any reliable?

I have no idea. Until Laporta reveals his plans, we'll see more of this. Not sure Klopp is a good option.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Laporta has contacted Klopp to be Barca's coach if he wins the election. Klopp has also convinced Reus to wait for Barca.

For those of us who don't know Espanol.

Home of Barca Fans