João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benedito (candidate): "We'll see if Laporta will take part in the elections. If he does, he will be the favourite, the one to beat." [rac1]

khaled_a_d

He is far better than this board,but i don't like that some people treat him as a god.Why did he lose the 2010 elections in the first place?

Anyway,he obviously was a great president,as he built two CHL winner teams,but just don't jump in the hype train!Let us see the other candidates first

Rules is that you can be president for 2 consecutive times only ,he wasn't legally allowed to enter

Leo_Messi

I can't wait to see him back at the helm of the club again. The club has a lot to thank him for and the fact that FC Barcelona has been the most successful club in Europe for the past 10 years is very much partially down to his visionary work at the club.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Laporta had a big team working with him. It ended with half of the board leaving and corruption scandals.
I'd like to believe there's simeone else.

mazp

Laporta is also the most successful president in this clubs history.. Granted, he's not perfect, nobody is, made his fair share of mistakes, etc. But, he's also a fan of the club and will do anything to help the team and club succeed If that meant overspending to help the squad improve so be it. He never held back in that regard. Protected and treated the players as movie stars as well.

JamDav1982

Laporta is also the most successful president in this clubs history.. Granted, he's not perfect, nobody is, made his fair share of mistakes, etc. But, he's also a fan of the club and will do anything to help the team and club succeed If that meant overspending to help the squad improve so be it. He never held back in that regard. Protected and treated the players as movie stars as well.

We shall see if he can repeat the success if he takes it on I doubt he will.

First time round was almost the perfect storm where a group of La Masia players came to their peak years in a way that will never be repeated.

Real Madrid and world football has moved on and improved massively from the first time round.

Not sure about treating the players like rock stars is right way to go about it either. The top players were running riot before Pep came in.

I think his time has passed and doubt he could repeat the success as so many factors he nor anyone else can affect are different.

mazp

We shall see if he can repeat the success if he takes it on I doubt he will.

First time round was almost the perfect storm where a group of La Masia players came to their peak years in a way that will never be repeated.

Real Madrid and world football has moved on and improved massively from the first time round.

Not sure about treating the players like rock stars is right way to go about it either. The top players were running riot before Pep came in.

I think his time has passed and doubt he could repeat the success as so many factors he nor anyone else can affect are different.

At this point, I just want somebody who I can trust. At the very least Laporta would bring stability back, create a strong sporting project for the future, etc. Whether he can replicate his previous success? Who knows. With Messi, Neymar, Suarez, etc the potential is there.

JamDav1982

At this point, I just want somebody who I can trust. At the very least Laporta would bring stability back, create a strong sporting project for the future, etc. Whether he can replicate his previous success? Who knows. With Messi, Neymar, Suarez, etc the potential is there.

My opinion is that Laporta struck unbelievably lucky in Pep being on his door step at the right time at a time the club was in a worse state than it is now.

Be interesting to see if he does get the job and to see if he can replicate the success and show how important he can be.

mazp

My opinion is that Laporta struck unbelievably lucky in Pep being on his door step at the right time at a time the club was in a worse state than it is now.

Be interesting to see if he does get the job and to see if he can replicate the success and show how important he can be.

There's no doubt he got lucky with Pep. But, if I had to trust someone to build a competitive team and a strong sporting project, it would be him.

Kohe321

It would be silly to think that Laporta has not learned lessons from the mistakes he did himself during his time as club president, or from watching the trainwreck that has been going on for the last few years under the Rosell era. You can't just say that Laporta in 2015 is going to enter Barcelona with the exact same level of maturity, knowledge and general attitude that he had years ago when he first became president. Yes the football world has learned lessons and evolved since then, but so has in all probability Laporta as well.

He already has experience from being president of Barca, a president that played a part in building the most successful football team ever (of course such a rare event is down to many improbable factors, that doesn't take away from his role in it), he knows the club in and out, and most importantly he is a true fan of the club. This last part is most important for me, because you know he really cares about the sporting success of the team. It's important that the people on top cheer during victories or sulk after defeats just like the fans in the stadium or at home do.

His experience from being president should only count in his favor really, as he now knows better than most what works and what to avoid.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Atleast with him we know we are getting a true fan of the club instead of a scummy businessman like Rosell who only cares about putting money in his pockets. Though i would be willing to give others like Benedito a chance if they have a clear vision for the club. [Villarubi can fuck off and join his buddy the scum Rosell in London]

Home of Barca Fans