João Laporta

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Last time around he had Txiki for 7 years and Ferran Soriano for five years or so before he resigned as his SD and CEO.

Whomever he hires next for those roles need to stay until the end of his term. Cannot keep burning executives because if you do that's a bad sign and not exactly the sign of excellent leadership.

And he need to stay away from decisions on who to sign and keep his lackeys away too. The reason for our success in his first term was him trusting fully in Txiki and letting him do his job and very rarely interfering.

The best run teams in Europe don't have a new SD/CEO every other year like we've had for like the last 5-7 years now.
True but other board members were regularly replaced in his 1st tenure. I think turnover is common in any business and while not ideal wrt Alemany, I trust Joan to select well as he has consistently done that - which was my point

Agree though that planning wise need to have SD/FD long term if we want to ensure continuity and perspective

FCBfan22

Now he needs to get a good sporting director and solve Barto's financial mess once and for all.

Then... We move. Future looks brighter than last year.

El Gato

Villarato!
You mean at best?

Because it's a disgrace really. Not surprised nobody at the 'mes qué un club' bothers to vet this stuff under Laporta though

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You mean at best?

Because it's a disgrace really. Not surprised nobody at the 'mes qué un club' bothers to vet this stuff under Laporta though

I mean at worst.

Potential a small PR disaster in this all too PC world where normal athletes, and para-athletes of all, were barred because of what their government did, where the average citizens are equated to their governments...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans