João Laporta

Gari

Isn t it 17 mil/year because he deferred his salary? He supposedly earned like 3 mil last season. That being said, he is never going to see that money if he leaves this summer as the club is contractually obligated to pay him the deferred wages starting next season. That is exactly why he is being pushed out. It is just sleazy

Laporte being sleazy Laporte, no other way of defining it. That is why Xavi and Laporte are now both stating the ?financial situation? publicly when talking about FdJ. All the while, at the same time, signing new players on huge wages.

Also, why does Xavi keep publicly stating he rates him when Xavi is supposedly not rating him? Why was he voted player of the year 2 seasons ago if he s just straight up not good enough? More contradictions on here then in the Bible.

Someone who knows everything, lay out Frankie's contract. Without this, the conversation is meaningless. Xavi does not evaluate DeJong as a midfielder and has said so publicly..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is basically the same total wage as agreed upon in the previous contract, but in the new contract it is paid over a longer timespan. Where they agreed lower wages in the first few years, higher wages are agreed in the latter. This way FdJ could help the club financially while at the same time not taking a (huge) pay cut. Hence the high wages per next season.

This is why Barca can (and want to) sell him and avoid paying the higher wages. You don t have the pay the wages of a player you sold.

I feel the reason you find it hard to believe this construction was agreed upon between club and FdJ -even tough it has been widely reported via multiple sources - is the exact same reason the club is being criticized for how they are handling the situation. It is morally reprehensible. Not illegal, though.

Wait a second, by "longer timespan" you mean initially it was a, let's say, 5-year contract and they extended it to a 6-year contract, but with the same total salaries paid? Did that really happen? I flat out don't know. Also with a scheme of payment deferment, or increasing wages paid per year over the life of the contract?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean honestly none of us have a clue about the payment structure, deferred wages, or anything like that. All of us including every reporter and journalists are just guessing.

What is very likely to be true though is that Frenkie in on a highly inflated salary from the moment he signed for Barcelona, something the current board are trying to rectify.

Bartomeu was giving every player whether good or bad inflated salaries.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
If his legal advisors were any good they'd stipulate that any deferred salary would need to be paid at the original contract rate in the event of being sold/transferred, Anything else is just down right irresponsible from fdj legal rep and should outright be fired.

So I find it very hard to beleive that by leaving he'd lose out on those wages "owed".

Porque

I'm guessing it has to be paid at end of contract - so when he is sold.

While Barcelona want to pay it at the end of his current contract so 2026 or so.

This is probably the hitch in the nego, or something like this.

iniestaGOAT

We should thank Laporta for promising us Beckham and delivering Ronaldinho

History repeated itself, promised us the bum haaland instead got the best in the world lewa

khaled_a_d

Pretty awesome interview by Laporta.

I have to say I enjoyed this interview
Loved Laporta talk about he knows how to handle Xavi and how Xavi can handle him.
Was always a Laporta thing, he put faith in those who works under him (and when he doesn't, it isn't fixable tbf) and he let them do their thing, and weights in when there is a bit of different opinions.
Rijkaard, Pep & Xavi; non of those were his choice but he trusted his advisors and supported them.
Xavi will have to continue to earn his trust though.

Sailor Mars

Good transfer window on the incoming side although the club had to sell of TV rights this summer.

Fullback are still an issue both short-term and long-term. Can see Alba still having some juice left to squeeze, but RB looks hopeless. Maybe Azpilicueta can be a placeholder for the season.

Midfield also seems like it could be light again if FDJ is sold. Really banking on the youngsters stepping up.

Also, Busi is an issue and need a replacement for him in higher tempo games. He could still work in some of the slower league games where teams sit back mostly.

And still some deadweight or surpluses to get rid of the squad( Braithwaite, Puig, Umtiti, Pjanic, Depay).

Jakabor

Interviewer: Do you think the public criticized you for the way you dealt with Leo Messi?

Laporta: I did what had to be done, put the institution above the best player in history.

snowy

Grandmaster Laporta Catalan Gambit

Bishop 2 E6 :fishing:

after Ter, all the vets will get the axe 1 by 1, and Franky4 will take the :rap:

and then, he'll bring Messi back for a Magnum Opus on a 5 mill salary

Geniuzzz!

Home of Barca Fans