João Laporta

Rassvet

Move on already. We had to move on from Messi some time. Might as well did it the summer the new Board came in. And he's not exactly lighting it up for PSG, I think he (and CR too for that matter) truly are in a steep decline of their careers now. It would just be mental torture to see him decline here, and with him, the whole team would still be Messi-dependencia. Yes he might still be capable of producing a moment of magic, but overall it was the right decision to let him go. Yes, the farewell should've been a lot nicer, but with Covid and other stuff it just wasn't meant to be, that's football. And I honestly don't think we would've been playing Europa just the same, and if that happened, while Messi was here, that would tarnish his legacy very much, at least for me. As for us, we knew once Messi left, that we were most likely in for a few tough years, whenever it happened.

And especially stop blaming Laporta for this, it's not his doing that made our wage budget 110%. Not to mention you can't look back like that and say if we would've done this, we could've had that. It doesn't work that way. Yes now we seem to be in a better place as far as our wage budget goes, but all that Laporta and Alemany had to do to get us here? First step was getting rid of the big wages, if we couldn't have done that, we wouldn't have been able to do all the stuff we did after wards. If Messi would've stayed, we never would've reduced our wage bill as quickly as we did, and we might've been hit with punishments or even worse until this point, might even wouldn't have been able to play in La Liga until we fixed the salary cap.

:thumbsup:

Barcilliant

Move on already. We had to move on from Messi some time. Might as well did it the summer the new Board came in. Yes the full rebuild had to wait and it set to happen a year later, but that's only because we had to sort out our biggest financial holes first. And Messi is not exactly lighting it up for PSG, I think he (and CR too for that matter) truly are in a steep decline of their careers now. It would just be mental torture to see him decline here, and with him, the whole team would still be Messi-dependencia. Yes he might still be capable of producing a moment of magic, but overall it was the right decision to let him go. Yes, the farewell should've been a lot nicer, but with Covid and other stuff it just wasn't meant to be, that's football. And I honestly don't think we would've been playing Europa just the same, and if that happened, while Messi was here, that would tarnish his legacy very much, at least for me. As for us, we knew once Messi left, that we were most likely in for a few tough years, whenever it happened.

And especially stop blaming Laporta for this, it's not his doing that made our wage budget 110%. Not to mention you can't look back like that and say if we would've done this, we could've had that. It doesn't work that way. Yes now we seem to be in a better place as far as our wage budget goes, but all that Laporta and Alemany had to do to get us here? First step was getting rid of the big wages, if we couldn't have done that, we wouldn't have been able to do all the stuff we did after wards. If Messi would've stayed, we never would've reduced our wage bill as quickly as we did, and we might've been hit with punishments or even worse until this point, might even wouldn't have been able to play in La Liga until we fixed the salary cap.

Good post. Messi should have been allowed to leave when he wanted to go. That pussy Barto was scared of the fans reaction and forced him to stay.
We are now rebuilding and to me this transfer window has been the best in a long time. We still need a DM,Lb and CB but that can wait till the summer.
I still have massive reservations regarding Xavi but let's see how the team goes this half of the season.

CanadianCanadian

Really shot ourselves in the foot not getting a transfer fee of close to 100 million for Messi if the reports were believed to be true. Hindsight is a bitch however.

frog-fcb

Last time barto received a big transfer fee he blew it all and more to try replace neymar. I wouldn't want to see what he would do trying to replace messi

BarcaOG

Banned
Move on already. We had to move on from Messi some time. Might as well did it the summer the new Board came in. Yes the full rebuild had to wait and it set to happen a year later, but that's only because we had to sort out our biggest financial holes first. And Messi is not exactly lighting it up for PSG, I think he (and CR too for that matter) truly are in a steep decline of their careers now. It would just be mental torture to see him decline here, and with him, the whole team would still be Messi-dependencia. Yes he might still be capable of producing a moment of magic, but overall it was the right decision to let him go. Yes, the farewell should've been a lot nicer, but with Covid and other stuff it just wasn't meant to be, that's football. And I honestly don't think we would've been playing Europa just the same, and if that happened, while Messi was here, that would tarnish his legacy very much, at least for me. As for us, we knew once Messi left, that we were most likely in for a few tough years, whenever it happened.

terrific post mate

iniestaGOAT

Last time barto received a big transfer fee he blew it all and more to try replace neymar. I wouldn't want to see what he would do trying to replace messi

I believe some players were included in that offer. Fucking disasterclass.

Bar?a have saved 159 million euros in wages since the summer. Messi's saving is not included there. At the club, they calculate that the salary limit for next season will rise to 400 million euros. If things are done well, there will be room to sign.

FinBarcelonafan

I know it sounds crazy, but I think this was a great thing for us in the long term. Our payroll was WAY overpaid. WAY WAY overpaid. We were paying old bums 2-3x the money they should get. Happy players are getting reasonable salaries now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder if the 159m is truly wages saved and reduced, not deferred. I think Romeu said yesterday at the press conference that we have deferred 383m of salaries, that is huge.

Last edited:

Messi983

Really shot ourselves in the foot not getting a transfer fee of close to 100 million for Messi if the reports were believed to be true. Hindsight is a bitch however.

City never offered anything for him because Messi believed he was out of contract and free to sign with them.

Windhook

I wonder if the 159m is truly wages saved and reduced, not deferred. I think Romeu said yesterday at the press conference that we have deferred 383m of salaries, that is huge.

Indeed, impressive numbers, if true. That's almost near the losses the club sustained last year.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Indeed, impressive numbers, if true. That's almost near the losses the club sustained last year.

I am actually worried about the 383m or whatever huge amount that was deferred, as it will come back and bite us in the ass in the future, albeit we should be in a better financial situation.

Joan

I am actually worried about the 383m or whatever huge amount that was deferred, as it will come back and bite us in the ass in the future, albeit we should be in a better financial situation.

Even if that number is true, it shouldn't all come at once, right? I doubt it will be a huge problem in the future.

Btw, it seems big. Wonder where it came from.

Home of Barca Fans