João Laporta

Messigician

LAPORTA OUT

Bar?a is studying the possibility of selling 49% of the club to powerful investors. They recognize that the current model is outdated, and want to adopt a similar policy to clubs like Bayern Munich. The project is still in its early stages.

? @abc_es via @sport

Messigician

❗️ President Laporta: "We would like to incorporate Aubameyang. It's very complicated but there is hope." [md]

Making others do the work whole he's chilling at a club giving interviews

Windhook

Many media out there report the deal has fallen through. Arsenal and Barca didn't reach an agreement on his loan percentage.

terryzinc

Aubameyang, Dani Alves, Ferran Torres, Adama Traore, Depay, LDJ INSTEAD of Messi. We could have kept Messi. Laporta prefers this average players instead.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it me or Laporta has gained some weight lately? Get a looser shirt, Mr. President.

From today's press conference on the forensic investigation:

Laporta.jpg

gregorrin10

Aubameyang, Dani Alves, Ferran Torres, Adama Traore, Depay, LDJ INSTEAD of Messi. We could have kept Messi. Laporta prefers this average players instead.

Move on already. We had to move on from Messi some time. Might as well did it the summer the new Board came in. Yes the full rebuild had to wait and it set to happen a year later, but that's only because we had to sort out our biggest financial holes first. And Messi is not exactly lighting it up for PSG, I think he (and CR too for that matter) truly are in a steep decline of their careers now. It would just be mental torture to see him decline here, and with him, the whole team would still be Messi-dependencia. Yes he might still be capable of producing a moment of magic, but overall it was the right decision to let him go. Yes, the farewell should've been a lot nicer, but with Covid and other stuff it just wasn't meant to be, that's football. And I honestly don't think we would've been playing Europa just the same, and if that happened, while Messi was here, that would tarnish his legacy very much, at least for me. As for us, we knew once Messi left, that we were most likely in for a few tough years, whenever it happened.

And especially stop blaming Laporta for this, it's not his doing that made our wage budget 110%. Not to mention you can't look back like that and say if we would've done this, we could've had that. It doesn't work that way. Yes now we seem to be in a better place as far as our wage budget goes, but all that Laporta and Alemany had to do to get us here? First step was getting rid of the big wages, if we couldn't have done that, we wouldn't have been able to do all the stuff we did after wards. If Messi would've stayed, we never would've reduced our wage bill as quickly as we did, and we might've been hit with punishments or even worse until this point, might even wouldn't have been able to play in La Liga until we fixed the salary cap.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans