João Laporta

FinBarcelonafan

Javier Tebas (La Liga President): "Messi's departure could have been avoided." [sport]

This is bad bros, he might take legal action on Laporta for sabotage of league earnings if Barto follows through with his threat

I thought he was happy with Vinicius being face of the LaLiga? :koeman:

serghei

Losing Messi could have been avoided by allowing Tebas to shove the CVC deal down our throats for the next half a century. :lol:

Messigician

🎙Javier Tebas continues..

🗣 "Perhaps Messi's departure has been the most painful, because personally I consider him the best in history. He did not deserve to leave like that, not only from Bar?a, but also from the league."

? When Javier Tebas was asked if Leo Messi's departure could have been avoided, he bluntly replied "Yes".

ℹ The entire interview will be released tomorrow.

MTL_Barca

Tebas could've just freed us from the salary cap if he wanted Messi to stay, surprisingly that didn't happen though.

FinBarcelonafan

Tebas could've just freed us from the salary cap if he wanted Messi to stay, surprisingly that didn't happen though.

Exactly.. That's what French league did and PSG signed Messi and others.

Joke of a league. Punish the best teams and destroy the league, that's what Tebas DID.

Of course, every team is over the "cap", when your revenue is reduced by 50% with COVID. You have to adjust the rules.. That would be logical thinking, but probably too much for him.

Messigician

He's gone crazy! Now Atletico win title for sure

Laporta: "Tebas has a sick obsession with Barcelona."

Laporta: "Tebas says that Messi has not stayed at Bar?a, but he's the main culprit. He did not stay because of this man's pride and his fair play rules. He always wants to be the protagonist. Other leagues were more flexible with FFP, and no one else lost their best players."

Laporta: "Instead of looking to resolve discrepancies politely, Tebas always looks for conflict and disagreement. He has a sick obsession to see how much he can hurt Bar?a and its values, we Cul?s already know that."

Laporta: "What we will not do is allow Tebas to hurt the club in ways that we can control. We will not agree to Mr. Tebas' personal projects that only want to use Bar?a's interests to make more money for himself, taking our TV rights for the next 50 years"

Last edited:

Messigician

Koeman is crazy, took shots at Laporta

🎙[NOS] | Ronald Koeman: ?My relationship with Laporta improved? It has improved. But? last week there was something going on of which I think it?s? not done. He was suggesting that the manager doesn?t have the full power. He spoke a little too much.? 🚨🚨

🎙| Koeman: ?He(Laporta) wasn?t being wise at 2 moments. But he corrected himself again. We are also in contact about a new contract now. Thanks to me, this club has a future.? 🚨😯

Unlucky for koeman Laporta is even more crazy! No way he gets out of this with his job

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, I think Tebas has a point. Unless he was outright lying about those meetings (6?) he had with Laporta and the club in June and July to discuss the CVC deal, then there must be something to what he was alleging, that Laporta and the club were onboard with the idea initially and was later swayed by Florentino Perez.

I am more inclined to think we should have accepted the CVC deal, not for the purpose of keeping Messi, but we could have used the 250m or so on many urgent needs. 10% of the TV money every season is not that much (16-18m), and as 2Playbook's analysis said, clubs will easily get the lost 10% back if together we can grow the TV deal bigger and that's exactly what is being projected. Oh well, I think Laporta's obsession with the ESL is probably what kept us out in the end. Still it is very good that other clubs have accepted the deal, making other La Liga clubs stronger will definitely benefit us.

Home of Barca Fans