João Laporta

Fati_Future_BallonDor

lol Bayern isn't dropping Flick for Nagelsmann. Flick is dropping Bayern for the DFB-team. That's why those Barca rumours are ridiculous. He has been Low's right hand and becoming his successor one day always has been his dream. Not every coach has the ambition to be a club manager over coaching a national team. Flick is working on that for years. He wants to be the next who coaches them for over a decade. I can't blame him. Being a club manager is way more stressful. Taking your national team to a big tournament must be a great experience. Having the whole team together for many weeks. The "Teamgeist" must be amazing. No wonder Bayern did great at that little CL tournament in Lisboa.

I wouldn't rule out that Barca is after another German coach and that Flick is just a smoke screen. Who even knows what Low does after leaving the national team. Not gonna say that he is the one as I think RM is a more likely destination for him, but there are some other German coaches who could be interesting for Barca.

Btw. I'm a bit disappointed that Xavi takes the easy route and stays in Qatar until his former team mates leave the club. I wished he had proven himself in Europe before he takes on the driving seat at Barca.

Malvi is leading an agenda against flick.... :neutral:

fergus90

One thing to keep in mind for Flick, is why Bayern is not interested anymore in him.

Also from an unverified source :

Flick is asking Laporta for :

-10M+ euro salary
-Completely change the Medical staff (I'm 2000% with him in this one)
-He brings his own assistants (don't like it that much we should at least stick one of ours)
-Signing a striker an RB and a midfielder

Flick asked for his contract to be terminated. Tension with Salihamidzic I think.

malvolio

lol Bayern isn't dropping Flick for Nagelsmann. Flick is dropping Bayern for the DFB-team. That's why those Barca rumours are ridiculous. He has been Low's right hand and becoming his successor one day always has been his dream. Not every coach has the ambition to be a club manager over coaching a national team. Flick is working on that for years. He wants to be the next who coaches them for over a decade. I can't blame him. Being a club manager is way more stressful. Taking your national team to a big tournament must be a great experience. Having the whole team together for many weeks. The "Teamgeist" must be amazing. No wonder Bayern did great at that little CL tournament in Lisboa.

I wouldn't rule out that Barca is after another German coach and that Flick is just a smoke screen. Who even knows what Low does after leaving the national team. Not gonna say that he is the one as I think RM is a more likely destination for him, but there are some other German coaches who could be interesting for Barca.

Btw. I'm a bit disappointed that Xavi takes the easy route and stays in Qatar until his former team mates leave the club. I wished he had proven himself in Europe before he takes on the driving seat at Barca.

not the point i was trying to make. if flick was so well liked and cherished at bayern they would have tried to make it work or just sided with him over salihamidzic

of course flick wants to join the DFB, it was the best option for anyone involved and he escapes a possible sacking. this way no one is looking like the bad guy here. bayern fans don't care much about flick leaving when nagelsmann(a far more exciting manager) is joining.

furthermore, being a national team coach is for older managers or guys who want an easy paycheck without much stress.

you are right about xavi being a coward for not taking another job and staying in qatar.

Porque

One thing to keep in mind for Flick, is why Bayern is not interested anymore in him.

-10M+ euro salary
-He brings his own assistants (don't like it that much we should at least stick one of ours)

Seems reasonable.

He also asked to replace Messi with an industrious German who works hard off the ball like Jonas Hofmann.

Allegedly.

Nazario1985

Seems reasonable.

He also asked to replace Messi with an industrious German who works hard off the ball like Jonas Hofmann.

Allegedly.

Didn't see that in any source mind citing one ?

Seems stupid asking that, Laporta will hang the phone and tell him to gtfo.

Also Messi staying is relative to a serious Manager like Flick coming in.

Messi983

Seems reasonable.

Allegedly.

Did he also asked to bring this guy with him?

TALKSPORT-LEON-GORETZKA.jpg

Gari

[SPORT] | After the loss to Granada, President Laporta was very angry. He shouted on the players and people who were in the conversation said they were surprised because Laporta was angry and very nervous.

FCBfan22

8152c36c-a3c2-4465-b40c-295ca08fe09d_media-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

sport speculating that the veterans will have to take a pay-cut or leave. the rest are on their way out.

So, Sport are speculating that we will sell 14 players...

As AC/DC would say... A touch too much.

If we sell Neto, Umtiti, Junior, Pjanić, Coutinho, Matheus and Braithwaite, I would deem summer window a huge success in terms of sales.

jairzinho

[SPORT] | After the loss to Granada, President Laporta was very angry. He shouted on the players and people who were in the conversation said they were surprised because Laporta was angry and very nervous.

Imagine if he was here after the 8-2 from Bayern.

:mou:

But seriously, it's about time someone lit a fire up this team's ass.

kattanib

Good boy .. shouting is good

kattanib

-10M+ euro salary

This is beautiful and refreshing to hear

Gaudi

President Laporta considers that the dressing room has lost the winning spirit that existed a few years ago. Laporta doesn't rule out that there will be more than ten departures this summer. [sport]

Good if true!

Home of Barca Fans