messi2140

6racies Xavi
-Top CB
-Laporte

tenor.gif

On a serious note MdL would be great.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like Laporte a lot, but sadly his reputation took a nosedive after his horrible performance in the CL against Tottenham.

If it's in any way possible to get de Ligt, I would go for it. Even if you have to trade a player like Dembele.

You can get a CB for 10 years and your next captain right there.

Andresito

Staff member
If it's in any way possible to get de Ligt, I would go for it. Even if you have to trade a player like Dembele.

You're putting it out like it's an unpopular opinion. I'm sure every Barca fan would take that trade in a heartbeat. Juve for sure wouldn't.

Barcilliant

I am surprised that there are some who prefer Xavi over Flick. I find it hilarious. Flick took a ragged Bayern and guided them to six titles in on year. Meanwhile Xavi is winning in Qatar and getting owned in AFC big time. There's no comparison.
Flick is an intense low key coach who knows his shit. For some dumb reason the media don't find him interesting and overlook him.
He could be great here but he'd need the full support of Laporta and the players. Getting rid of the seniors is important because then the new coach doesn't get undermined by the likes of assholes like Pique.
Personally I'd be astonished if he came here. The club is a fucking wreck. There are other lesser clubs that are in a much better space than we are.

malvolio

I am surprised that there are some who prefer Xavi over Flick. I find it hilarious. Flick took a ragged Bayern and guided them to six titles in on year. Meanwhile Xavi is winning in Qatar and getting owned in AFC big time. There's no comparison.
Flick is an intense low key coach who knows his shit. For some dumb reason the media don't find him interesting and overlook him.
He could be great here but he'd need the full support of Laporta and the players. Getting rid of the seniors is important because then the new coach doesn't get undermined by the likes of assholes like Pique.
Personally I'd be astonished if he came here. The club is a fucking wreck. There are other lesser clubs that are in a much better space than we are.

don't think the discussion was about xavi vs flick, mate. it was about going after flick.

ragged bayern team? flick an intense low key coach? media overlooks him because he hasn't proved shit before and just got lucky to find himself in that position. they would have dropped him last summer if he didn't win the CL, be sure of that. just like they're dropping him now for nagelsman.

you wonder why the media overlooks him, but not even bayern values him that much. and you're astonished that he might want to come here :lol: a nobody suddenly being picky and rejecting the likes of fc barcelona. seriously, what are you smoking?

malvolio

8152c36c-a3c2-4465-b40c-295ca08fe09d_media-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

sport speculating that the veterans will have to take a pay-cut or leave. the rest are on their way out.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

don't think the discussion was about xavi vs flick, mate. it was about going after flick.

ragged bayern team? flick an intense low key coach? media overlooks him because he hasn't proved shit before and just got lucky to find himself in that position. they would have dropped him last summer if he didn't win the CL, be sure of that. just like they're dropping him now for nagelsman.

you wonder why the media overlooks him, but not even bayern values him that much. and you're astonished that he might want to come here :lol: a nobody suddenly being picky and rejecting the likes of fc barcelona. seriously, what are you smoking?

Now its official: Malvolio has become crazy :staringpep:

fergus90

Always the optimist :lol:

behindbrowneyes

lol Bayern isn't dropping Flick for Nagelsmann. Flick is dropping Bayern for the DFB-team. That's why those Barca rumours are ridiculous. He has been Low's right hand and becoming his successor one day always has been his dream. Not every coach has the ambition to be a club manager over coaching a national team. Flick is working on that for years. He wants to be the next who coaches them for over a decade. I can't blame him. Being a club manager is way more stressful. Taking your national team to a big tournament must be a great experience. Having the whole team together for many weeks. The "Teamgeist" must be amazing. No wonder Bayern did great at that little CL tournament in Lisboa.

I wouldn't rule out that Barca is after another German coach and that Flick is just a smoke screen. Who even knows what Low does after leaving the national team. Not gonna say that he is the one as I think RM is a more likely destination for him, but there are some other German coaches who could be interesting for Barca.

Btw. I'm a bit disappointed that Xavi takes the easy route and stays in Qatar until his former team mates leave the club. I wished he had proven himself in Europe before he takes on the driving seat at Barca.

Nazario1985

One thing to keep in mind for Flick, is why Bayern is not interested anymore in him.

Also from an unverified source :

Flick is asking Laporta for :

-10M+ euro salary
-Completely change the Medical staff (I'm 2000% with him in this one)
-He brings his own assistants (don't like it that much we should at least stick one of ours)
-Signing a striker an RB and a midfielder

Home of Barca Fans