Jeremy Mathieu

khaled_a_d

:lol: I dare you to find me a great RB/LB that has over 1.90m. There's a reason why LB/RBs are short and fast.

Mathieu is 1.90 cm, Paolo Maldini who is considered by many as one of the best if not the best ever LB in the history was 1.86,same as Abidal who was our LB in our Pep team ,Fabio Grosso was the starting LB for the world cup winning team in 2006 and he is 1.90m
Football is a sport and in most cases extra height is usually considered an advantage ,sure fullbacks are the position with the least average height ,R.Carlos was 1.68 and many others aren't so tall but that doesn't mean that tall players can't play the position

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Mathieu: "I was surprised to find out that I was playing at left-back, but then it's the manager that makes the decisions".

khaled_a_d

Lucho made tactical suicide during the clasico. Not Mathieu fault at all.

Many wanted him to play there ,b4 the game when the lineup was announced people really didn't complain much ,some would have prefered him as a CB due to the weakness in that position not due to him expected being bad as LB
Honestly while Lucho wasn't right the fact is Mathieu was just awful beyond expectations in that game in both ends

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Many wanted him to play there ,b4 the game when the lineup was announced people really didn't complain much ,some would have prefered him as a CB due to the weakness in that position not due to him expected being bad as LB
Honestly while Lucho wasn't right the fact is Mathieu was just awful beyond expectations in that game in both ends

Many including me preferred him as a defensive LB staying back mostly, but Lucho played him as a LWB.....

khaled_a_d

Many including me preferred him as a defensive LB staying back mostly, but Lucho played him as a LWB.....

True but I think that was more of in-game adjustment ,it seemed early on that Alves was gonna be offensive FB and Mathieu as defensive one but after 10 minutes with RM pressuring Alves ,Mathieu played more advanced with Alves more reserved(to his standards ) ,I think that was mainly due to James lack of speed so it was easy for Mathieu to track back unlike Isco and Cr7 ,then again I wasn't impressed with Mathieu individually at all ,I think his performance wasn't only due to tactical decision
And it isn't like Mathieu didn't know that he was gonna used as LB with the club ,it was his position with Valencia and with Adriano always getting injured he is supposed to be back up LB

I

instinct

Happy Birthday, my love. This one is for you!

ashtray-cake_2.jpg

Home of Barca Fans