Jeremy Mathieu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get what was wrong with him today. It looked like he was high. Seriously. He can do much better than this, but what the hell was wrong with him today.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He has done well at CB, in fact he has barely put afoot wrong in the ball bar a couple of dodgy clearances and suffering a bit with the pace of PSG...so barring tonights game he has deserved all the credit.

I think its pretty clear now that he should be the nailed on CB for every big game, the question remains who to partner him with. IMO it shouldn't be Masch, its time to give Masch a run of games in midfield.

He has made several mistakes in other matches but none were vital or ended as a goal so they went unnoticed by many.

But I know, the standards for a Barca defender went so low over the years that any decent performance is considered "Bossing" by many here now.

FC B

I still can't believe a serious coach in this world chose to play a 1.93m CB on the wing on Bernabeu. That's the clearest definition I can think of for "asking for trouble".

Totally agree. Lucho is the one to blame for his "performance" in this game.

khaled_a_d

He has done well at CB, in fact he has barely put afoot wrong in the ball bar a couple of dodgy clearances and suffering a bit with the pace of PSG...so barring tonights game he has deserved all the credit.

I think its pretty clear now that he should be the nailed on CB for every big game, the question remains who to partner him with. IMO it shouldn't be Masch, its time to give Masch a run of games in midfield.

He was awful against PSG man,he fall in almost every trick Cavani used against him and Cavani wasn't even playing well

Frodo_FCB

Start as a LB a guy who is 1.93 against all these pacy RM players was a stupid decision and i dont care if he has played most of his carer as a LB.

F

Flavia

Start as a LB a guy who is 1.93 against all these pacy RM players was a stupid decision and i dont care if he has played most of his carer as a LB.

Mathieu is fast. He wasn't a defensive problem today. He looked lost attacking.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He looked like someone who mixed up his cigs with joints before the game.

Lost the possession so easily, even without being in pressure. He sometimes tracked back and then suddenly stopped. He sometimes just looked at a RM player run from him while he just stood there doing nothing.

Bizarre to say the least.

Frodo_FCB

Mathieu is fast. He wasn't a defensive problem today. He looked lost attacking.

Yeah i didnt talk about his defense, in offence his was terrible and his ruined some chances. But realistically even defensively this wasnt his best game , but i blame the whole team for that.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The only this wrong with Mathieu was that he was asked to play a role he was not accustomed to. He is a CB and LB emphasis on the B. You can't expect a defensive minded player to bomb the flanks like Alba. Lucho let him there to die. He is good defensively but attacking he is lost mostly. Alba should have been LWB with Mathieu at LCB

Lomar1o

The only this wrong with Mathieu was that he was asked to play a role he was not accustomed to. He is a CB and LB emphasis on the B. You can't expect a defensive minded player to bomb the flanks like Alba. Lucho let him there to die. He is good defensively but attacking he is lost mostly. Alba should have been LWB with Mathieu at LCB

my thoughts exactly. sadly, lucho isn't any better than all of us thought.

yahudi

Wasnt gonna post anywhere after the clasico. But this one really bugs me:

When Abidal came to Barca, all of you were like "Meh, he's no Gio. Offers nothing going forward".
Then Alba came and all of you were like "Meh, he's no Abi. Doesn't defend at all"
Then Lucho put Mathieu in there and all of you are like "Meh, he's no Jordi. Offers nothing going forward"

Make up your mind on what you expect from your players.

Home of Barca Fans