Jeremy Mathieu

mackybagnack

Valencia didn't reduce the price since they didn't want to sell him, but agreed to let him go for his release clause of 20m. They tried their best to cut off some amount of that price, but Valencia was having none of that. Mathieu also handed in a transfer request, but nope, nothing.

In the end Mathieu took a 3m paycut(from his total wage of the years on his contract I guess) and that made us pay his release clause of 20m.

"Zubisucketa" has done a great job this summer.

This is how it works. Maybe this is how mackybagnack should try to learn to understand how things work as well. :)

we could simply tell Valencia to fuck off and look for someone else. it wasn't like a 30 years old average LB was our only option to cover our defense problems. but again, we have an incompetent director of football who is not good enough to bring players like Vertonghen or Benatia or Hummels.

and of course, Zubi has done a great job this summer, but for Real Madrid, not for us.

JamDav1982

we could simply tell Valencia to fuck off and look for someone else. it wasn't like a 30 years old average LB was our only option to cover our defense problems. but again, we have an incompetent director of football who is not good enough to bring players like Vertonghen or Benatia or Hummels.

and of course, Zubi has done a great job this summer, but for Real Madrid, not for us.

Mathieu been a CB for the last 18 months and one of the best in La Liga.

It is almost impossible to get Vertonghen, Benatia or Hummels without paying well over the odds.

For Zubi the easy option would be to pay 50/60m for one of those three but it wouldnt be the best thing for Barca in the long run.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Mathieu is a solid, good CB. Benatia is not for sale, neither is Hummels. They would not have come even if you had the best sporting director in the world because their clubs DO NOT WANT TO SELL THEM AT ANY COST. Let that sink in for a while before replying back.

Also, Vertonghen had a pretty shitty last season from what I've heard and he plays for Spurs who do not want to sell him and also got a miser in Levy who would pinch every penny he could from a potential deal.

Ter Stegen, Bravo, Suarez, Mathieu and Rafinha and Deulo back along with the deadweight sold, mostly atleast. Looks like he has done a pretty good job for FC Barcelona, atleast I do think so.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Nvm, I thought he was a banned member who created another account and you knew who he was. I see this account was the one banned. My bad.

PaulFCB

Banned
:lol: "He's old... he's ugly.... he's 31.... 20 million!?!?!"

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

enviof3.jpg

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I'm not at all at the signing but we should have did this last summer. Reading my post from last summer and it would have been much cheaper. He was Valencia's defensive leader last season, I was really impressed with the way he stepped up with Rami out. Quick, tall, strong in the back, very good on set-pieces, the only negative is his age.

There is no feeling out process here, he's played in La Liga for many seasons and can get to work immediately. Gives Lucho plenty of options to experiment with defensively because he's a good LB too. If we sign another capable defender like Fazio, this move even looks better because then there's no more of Alves and Alba bombing forward against really good teams that can hit us on the counter. This move definitely strengthens us. 20M for a 30 year old was a steep price though but the Hummels, Vertonghen, Benatia options weren't really options because their clubs were going to make it near impossible to get any of them.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Apparently he's the most expensive defender over 30 of all time. And no, he only has two appearances for France. One in a game against the USA and the other in another friendly too.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Apparently he's the most expensive defender over 30 of all time. And no, he only has two appearances for France. One in a game against the USA and the other in another friendly too.

He's on his way home to celebrate this with his grandchildren.

10389484_10152592688155763_8477366628650489010_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans