Jeremy Mathieu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
5-0. Mathieu scored in a 2-1 game. That was a crucial header.

And he scored against Celta for the winner. I don't see why he has to dismiss what Mathieu has done to help the team win titles, just so he can call him a shite player. It's childish.

God Serena

And he scored against Celta for the winner. I don't see why he has to dismiss what Mathieu has done to help the team win titles, just so he can call him a shite player. It's childish.

Not dismissing what he has done at all. But to say "He scored against Real Madrid!" as an excuse Every. Single. Time. When he plays badly is much worse.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not dismissing what he has done at all. But to say "He scored against Real Madrid!" as an excuse Every. Single. Time. When he plays badly is much worse.

Yes, of course, criticism is warranted, but they way the Messi+Eto guy did it was classless in my opinion. He made it a "personal" attack.

His post was deleted too, so...

God Serena

Yes, of course, criticism is warranted, but they way the Messi+Eto guy did it was classless in my opinion. He made it a "personal" attack.

His post was deleted too, so...

Oh, I'm not siding with him. I don't care too much for all of that and I'm surprised that guy hasn't gotten told off by a mod yet. I just don't like that specific argument.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Oh, I'm not siding with him. I don't care too much for all of that and I'm surprised that guy hasn't gotten told off by a mod yet. I just don't like that specific argument.

Okay. I was only using that argument to say that he should be respectful in his criticism.

Professor Chaos

After what we saw in pre-season we have to sell him. With very little time of play during the season he can only be worse. Let's trust Marlon as 4th CB. Umtiti can handle it easily as a first substitute.

M

Messi+Eto

After what we saw in pre-season we have to sell him. With very little time of play during the season he can only be worse. Let's trust Marlon as 4th CB. Umtiti can handle it easily as a first substitute.

Be careful before KingMessi says you speak of GOT Mathieu with utter disrespect and reckless abandon.

mark1nhu

I think it's premature to sell Mathieu.

He proved himself as a valuable non-starter option in the last two seasons, which speaks louder than a bad preseason.

I think he needs to stay at least until the new guys completely prove themselves (maybe next window or the one after that).

We can't afford our new defense bets flopping, without a proved solid option to them, obliging us to pray for Piqué and Masch never missing a match.

I hope we never put ourselves in that situation again.

Total-Football

i can't believe what i'm reading .. one of our few reliable squadies and you wanna sell .. bizzare .. 20 M for this guy was a fair deal - taking into account the Madness in the mercato -

xXKonan

Mathieu was like this during Preseason and the first several matches last year well it didn't help he was playing LB, and at times looked mentality of it a bit. But he eventually got back up to form again.

It's probably going to be the same deal here. He will start off slow and eventually find his form. Well that's what I'm hoping at least.

Home of Barca Fans