Jean Michaël Seri

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What if Valverde decided against him?

That'd be unfortunate and a potentially poor decision. I haven't seen any other player of that sort of profile (which we need) linked to Barca. The Naby Keita link to Liverpool has died down a lot, not as much momentum as a few weeks ago. Barca have a chance to hijack that since Keita is also a Barca fan, but I doubt that's the course of action that'll be pursued.

JamDav1982

Everything I read suggests PSG's interest is much more established than Barca's, so unless Barca step it up and move forward within the next week I could see PSG landing him tbh. It'd be ridiculous to lose him once he already announced his preference, nothing short of bad business. I hope that Valverde has or will give the go ahead on this ASAP, so that Barca can come up with a proper offer before Seri has the chance to potentially change his mind.

His preference can soon change when money and his role in the team are mentioned.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After years of being in Bilbao I am wondering how much Valverde is really up to date in today's players and talents as he never could sign a non-Basque.

I guess we'll need to rely on Robert's judgement.

serghei

Everything I read suggests PSG's interest is much more established than Barca's, so unless Barca step it up and move forward within the next week I could see PSG landing him tbh. It'd be ridiculous to lose him once he already announced his preference, nothing short of bad business. I hope that Valverde has or will give the go ahead on this ASAP, so that Barca can come up with a proper offer before Seri has the chance to potentially change his mind.

Bad business is our middle name.

Anti-Pepe

Bad business is our middle name.

With it comes to Barça and transfer policies expect the worst and you won't be disappointed. Expect some mediocrity like Ander Herrera to be signed because he has the secret sauce "Barça DNA" or some other shit like that.

Expect the worst, because it is what you will get. Newer Culés simply have to get used to this. Sorry.

Nucky

After years of being in Bilbao I am wondering how much Valverde is really up to date in today's players and talents as he never could sign a non-Basque.

I guess we'll need to rely on Robert's judgement.

What I worry more is the transfer budget this summer.

Messi983

I know most people want to get Seri but what do you think about Tolisso? He apparently wants to leave Lyon and Juve has shown interest in him for some time. Bartomeu also seems to have a good relationship with Aulas so maybe we could use that. He's 3 years younger than Seri and seems to be better in defense but not as good passer.

I usually hate to compare players just based on statistics but will do that anyway because I didn't really watch anyone enough to fairly compare them. Also added Verratti for a comparision.

a.png

b.png

c.png

d.png

Xavinho

Well, I watched Nice a few times to see Ricardo Pereira and wasn't particularly impressed by Seri and don't think he's what we need, so, personally I'd prefer Tolisso who is a player I rate quite highly.

khaled_a_d

I know most people want to get Seri but what do you think about Tolisso? He apparently wants to leave Lyon and Juve has shown interest in him for some time. Bartomeu also seems to have a good relationship with Aulas so maybe we could use that. He's 3 years younger than Seri and seems to be better in defense but not as good passer.

I usually hate to compare players just based on statistics but will do that anyway because I didn't really watch anyone enough to fairly compare them. Also added Verratti for a comparision.

I haven't watched Ligue 1 this year,but Seri seem to be more of a passing CM than Tolisso
Alos,from what I've read Tolisso is a more of box to box than a creative midfielder/CM. Juve has called down their interest too IIRC

Raketa10

I haven't watched Ligue 1 this year,but Seri seem to be more of a passing CM than Tolisso
Alos,from what I've read Tolisso is a more of box to box than a creative midfielder/CM. Juve has called down their interest too IIRC

On Wikipedia and Transfermarkt under Tolisso's playing position stands CM/RB.
WTF? Was he also played (like Sergi Roberto) out of his natural position?

Last edited:

Xavinho

On Wikipedia and Transfermarkt under Tolisso's playing position stands CM/RB.
WTF? Was he also played (like Sergi Roberto) out of his natural position?

Three or four years ago when Tolisso was breaking into Lyon's first team he was mostly used at right back, but since then he's only played there a handful of times. He's a midfielder.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
AS Roma are in for him too, not that I expect they'll really compete for his signature. Just an added assurance of Seri's potential as a low profile-high reward transfer if he's garnered the interest of someone like Monchi who has played the market better maybe than anyone in recent years.

Home of Barca Fans