Jean-Clair Todibo

serghei

I want to see this guy playing vs Valladolid. It's the perfect opportunity. Valladolid just recently lost 4-0 away to Huesca.

We should beat these guys easily with our back-up players.

But knowing how much of a conservative fool is Valverde, he'll probably start players with no future here like Murillo and Vermaelen, that will be gone in 3-4 months probably.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Happy to hear he's impressing Valverde. Let us not forget it was very much the opposite of what happened with Mina.

At least we made 20 mil on him though.

xXKonan

I wonder what Todibo is doing better than Murillo is in training.

In sheer experience alone you would think Murillo would have the upper hand against a 19-year-old who hasn't played in months and was forced to train alone for most of the time. Murillo seems like a hard worker himself.

I'm dying to see just how talented he is. We basically don't know much about him other than a few Videos and impressions.

Joan

Seems odd. Murillo (who himself hasn't played in a while) did well in those few matches he got. Can't wait to see Todibo play.

xXKonan

Seems odd. Murillo (who himself hasn't played in a while) did well in those few matches he got. Can't wait to see Todibo play.
Murillo is a pretty decent CB and I think fits us a lot better than Mina did.

But while Todibo is young and very raw, but there's a good chance that his talent and hard work in training and his adaption period being much better than expected probably has Valverde rethinking some things. I'm not expecting him to play or make the squad a lot due to his inexperience with Lenglet, Verm and even Umtiti supposedly being close to being fit but may every once in the awhile we can see him.

I mean Todibo is also one of ours and Murillo? he's a decent 4th-5th CB option but he's on loan here from Valencia, and if Todibo is really that much better than Murillo in training, it's an easy call to make. Prioritize Todibo's development and just use Murillo in case of dire emergencies as he's only here for five more months.

The air around Todibo is far more positive than what we got out of Yerry that's for sure. You had reports like a couple of weeks after he signed that he wasn't doing well in training and struggling to adapt and Valverde generally not rating him while Todibo on the other hand is nothing but postive stuff.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
[tw]1095865271544360960[/tw]

Looks like he is enjoying himself being around the team too.

Can't stress how excellent a decision it was to bring him over now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wonder what Todibo is doing better than Murillo is in training.

In sheer experience alone you would think Murillo would have the upper hand against a 19-year-old who hasn't played in months and was forced to train alone for most of the time. Murillo seems like a hard worker himself.

I'm dying to see just how talented he is. We basically don't know much about him other than a few Videos and impressions.

He has not played only for 3 months now - Only since November has he been banned from representing their first team in Toulouse

xXKonan

He has not played only for 3 months now - Only since November has he been banned from representing their first team in Toulouse
That's what I mentioned in my post. He didn't make an appearance with the B team either over there either after his banishment.

Got to like his commitment though. Kept his chin up despite what went down 3 months ago.

ZerkerXror

I really hope he gets to start against Valladolid, considering how he has impressed during the training session.
So long as he ends up playing, I'll be glad.
We're playing at home as well and he could have a comfortable first game for us.

Riordon

Hope we can see him soon. Gonna be interesting to see which position he will play. Playing him as a DM wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Joan

I mean Todibo is also one of ours and Murillo? he's a decent 4th-5th CB option but he's on loan here from Valencia, and if Todibo is really that much better than Murillo in training, it's an easy call to make. Prioritize Todibo's development and just use Murillo in case of dire emergencies as he's only here for five more months.

The air around Todibo is far more positive than what we got out of Yerry that's for sure. You had reports like a couple of weeks after he signed that he wasn't doing well in training and struggling to adapt and Valverde generally not rating him while Todibo on the other hand is nothing but postive stuff.
I'm delighted if that's so. But seems a bit odd, Murillo is a good player, lots of experience... if Todibo is actually shining, looking better - great news.

I actually trust Valverde's eye for a CB. Exciting talent!

God Serena

I'm delighted if that's so. But seems a bit odd, Murillo is a good player, lots of experience... if Todibo is actually shining, looking better - great news.

We can, at the very least, say he's got a good eye for CBs. His signings in that position were all pretty solid, with the obvious exception of Mina, who people lashed out at him for never using... :lol:

serghei

I'd say Murillo is a decent player, that's it. Good is kind of pushing it. If this kid is as great of a talent as touted, he'd have no issues being better than Murillo very fast.

Porque

At this stage if Todibo is exceeding expectation then it is only natural to invest in the development of our talent. Diakhaby was also ahead of Murillo at Valencia.

The only dilemma we may have is if Todibo starts taking LaLiga minutes ahead of Murillo and then we have injury woes for the CL. Murillo is registered for that compeition and Todibo isnt. Imagine the dilemma of having to play Murillo with no form whatsoever.

xXKonan

[tw]1096443470770786306[/tw]

Valverde is praising Todibo and admitted he wants to see him play to get more of a judge on him and he's impressing in training as he's quick, strong and good with the ball at his feet. He also mentions that training is different from playing on the field which is true.

Home of Barca Fans