Javier Tebas (LFP President)

JamDav1982

Selling Gavi and Frenkie is clearly not ideal but fuck me take the 130m odd from that and go with Kessie/Torre before making moves to give up that much of tv right for 40 years. Instantly giving Real and other leagues a decades long leg up on finances.

jamrock

Agreed. If the TV pie grows bigger and it should, we will lose even more money every year and be further paralyzed and behind Madrid. Great way to make La Liga more like Bundesliga.

The short-sightedness of this club and its leaders is astounding.

The average fans only care about what signings we can make and what trophies we can potentially win (on paper) and don't care about the future stakes. Club leaders shouldn't be like that.

Jamdav is willing to give us more $ for our future TV deals in this deal said it else where.

Also at some point people have to understand the the club is in a existential crisis now & they have to make decisions about now, so signing this deal that everyone knows is bad if they do is clearly because they have no other choice.

No one here is smarter than they guys at the table, they see & know it's a bad deal, which is why they have been kicking the can down the road, but they are running out of options.

Also still not 100% they will sign.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Jamdav is willing to give us more $ for our future TV deals in this deal said it else where.

Also at some point people have to understand the the club is in a existential crisis now & they have to make decisions about now, so signing this deal that everyone knows is bad if they do is clearly because they have no other choice.

No one here is smarter than they guys at the table, they see & know it's a bad deal, which is why they have been kicking the can down the road, but they are running out of options.

They have signed it, and sent it to the socis for an extraordinary assembly to vote and ratify it.

jamrock

It seems that is what the long term intent has been of the club.

1. First reject the CVC.
2. Second open to idea on better turns (get the loan counted as profit).
3. Leverage this to get a better deal.
4. Have LaLiga accept that as a profit as they accepted CVC as profit.
5. Checkmate

Right now it seems we are at stage 4. Tebas is putting the pressure of time, but he must concede.

If he doesn't then we are fucked and he is fucked, as this going to court is probably going to lead to him being fired too. While we're left without being able to signing anyone and getting by minimally through sales of Frenkie and (maybe) Gavi.

So basically right now we're at a battle of egos.

This is the way I'm reading it right now but maybe I am giving the board too much credit.

BTW it is CVC OR Goldman Sachs by my understanding- not both.

This guy gets it.

JamDav1982

While you thought club should just take a loan and no I dont support any deal where it would be 20% odd fo 40 years and particualry if doesnt add that much.

While you have gone to thinking club had no choice but to reject deal to now supporting it and what it can mean for the future... as said would.. wait until decisions then praise it.

wisconsincule

The soci model won't be sustainable in the future with such deals here. I think 49% of the club will be opened to investors eventually, and honestly is it even such a bad thing?

No. Sell the club asap. It?s time to become an oil club. No shame.

Porque

Btw this CVC is exactly the same as the issue with Uefa and the CL. The clubs on their (or collectively) can negotiate better terms for themselves than the institutions.

It would be a disaster as JamDav says to sign any kind of mortgage of TV rights while Madrid does not.

JamDav1982

Selling players won't help us much as tebas himself said.

We need more.

Nope... what he said is if they want to sign Lewa they need to sell players and parts of club.

No one is arguing have to go out and sign big this summer as an alternative.

It would be selling players and working within current rules as has been said plenty of times.

Givenchy

Selling Gavi and Frenkie is clearly not ideal but fuck me take the 130m odd from that and go with Kessie/Torre before making moves to give up that much of tv right for 40 years. Instantly giving Real and other leagues a decades long leg up on finances.

Even if we sell Gavi and Frenkie etc they will still find a way to fuck us

Barca gonna have to sell its soul, Tebag got us over a barrel

JamDav1982

Btw this CVC is exactly the same as the issue with Uefa and the CL. The clubs on their (or collectively) can negotiate better terms for themselves than the institutions.

It would be a disaster as JamDav says to sign any kind of mortgage of TV rights while Madrid does not.

This guy gets it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It seems that is what the long term intent has been of the club.

1. First reject the CVC.
2. Second open to idea on better turns (get the loan counted as profit).
3. Leverage this to get a better deal.
4. Have LaLiga accept that as a profit as they accepted CVC as profit.
5. Checkmate

Right now it seems we are at stage 4. Tebas is putting the pressure of time, but he must concede.

If he doesn't then we are fucked and he is fucked, as this going to court is probably going to lead to him being fired too. While we're left without being able to signing anyone and getting by minimally through sales of Frenkie and (maybe) Gavi.

So basically right now we're at a battle of egos.

This is the way I'm reading it right now but maybe I am giving the board too much credit.

BTW it is CVC OR Goldman Sachs by my understanding- not both.

2Playbook said it is both, 270m from CVC and potentially another 270 from Goldman Sachs.

What I don't understand is how the 270m from CVC is treated as income (as opposed to debt), since it has to be repaid.

If we have to sell shares of TV rights anyways, I'd rather we sell to Goldman Sachs or whoever that we don't have to repay later.

Home of Barca Fans