Javier Tebas (LFP President)

JamDav1982

They took the short term route as Barca boards always do. Whether that is the correct decision remains to be seen.

All that achieves is kicking the downside and 'austerity' further down the line and not them having to deal with it.

Whats the argument here?

Barca have avoided 'austerity' or tried to but still living under it due to La Liga?

jamrock

Gotta grow your way out of a bad financial situation.

Econ 101, tebas and a couple others missed the class, obviously.

JamDav1982

Gotta grow your way out of a bad financial situation.

Econ 101, tebas and a couple others missed the class, obviously.

Haha indeed.

Whether do that with levers that impact club over number of years or try to go down route of rebuilding in different way.

Remains to be seen if those decisions were correct and funds used correcty.

When argument is have to be competitive now in both CL and league and get fans/sponsors in etc.

That all remains to be seen but others will have to deal with it.

Current board have all the upside on it.

Regardless the argument changes... 'Tebas has Barca living under austerity' one minute and Barca have avoided that the next.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Can't understand for the life of me why any Barca fan would care about the future of La Liga. This is a league where everyone in power supports Madrid, the referees support Madrid and the government funds Madrid using dodgy training ground and car park deals.

They have been trying to turn La Liga into a one team league for Real for decades and now Tebas has finally delivered the golden goose. Believe me, things are very much going to play for those in power there and the fact that it's to the detriment of everyone else in the league is something that is very much part of the plan.

I would never defend or support such a corrupt league in person, or on the internet. This league is a piss poor joke and deserves every inch of mockery that comes it's way. The day La Liga burns to the ground will be a great day for football. The sooner, the better.

Messigician

Can't understand for the life of me why any Barca fan would care about the future of La Liga. This is a league where everyone in power supports Madrid, the referees support Madrid and the government funds Madrid using dodgy training ground and car park deals.

They have been trying to turn La Liga into a one team league for Real for decades and now Tebas has finally delivered the golden goose. Believe me, things are very much going to play for those in power there and the fact that it's to the detriment of everyone else in the league is something that is very much part of the plan.

I would never defend or support such a corrupt league in person, or on the internet. This league is a piss poor joke and deserves every inch of mockery that comes it's way. The day La Liga burns to the ground will be a great day for football. The sooner, the better.
Quitter mentality

Windhook

He's resigned from LFP with a month to go into his mandate end. The official reasoning - to not overlap with elections of Spanish Football Federation.

The 61-year-old tendered his resignation to vice-presidents Quico Catalan and Miguel Angel Gil Marin on Wednesday. Catalan and Marin have been tasked with triggering new elections and forming a new electoral commission that will comprise three La Liga clubs and two Segunda clubs. It is understood that Tebas' resignation is a routine procedure ahead of the elections as his current term is set to expire in a month's time.

Porque

Well he will be going for the position again. So an advance on election gives him an campaigning advantage if he needed it.

The only question is why Barcelona/Madrid (or better, someone independent) hasn't built themselves as an alternative. I get the sports business is miniscule at an executive level and especially in Spain in terms of talent, but surely there must be... someone.

Windhook

Tebas is confident he has the support of the smaller clubs, he doesn't need Barca and Real Madrid blessing. The big problem facing Spanish football is Barca and Real Madrid are larger than the rest of La Liga combined. They are the facade and LFP just ignoring the problems of those two big clubs is a huge thing.

El Gato

Villarato!
This isn't Tebas related but there's some shitstorm around Rubiales and RFEF brewing

Apparently Guardia Civil entered RFEF premises and arrested 7 people to be questioned as they did the search. Same with Rubiales house over his and Piques SuperCup dealings. The prosecutors have issued an international arrest warrant on Rubiales who is holidaying in Dominican Rep

Messigician

❗Javier Tebas (La Liga President): "If you go to Google and type in 'I want 'child s*x' nothing appears. But if you type in 'free football' it appears... One is considered a serious crime, but the other is not, and it's the same thing."

Community notes

Pedophilia and watching football streams are in fact not the same thing

Porque

Jimmy Hill, a former Match of The Day front man, said he did not think Atkinson was racist, before defending his language as that of "the football field".

"In that context, you wouldn't think that words like 'nigger' were particularly insulting: it would be funny. Without meaning to insult any black men, it's us having fun," he said in an interview with the Independent.

"I mean nigger is black - so we have jokes where we call them niggers because they're black. Why should that be any more of an offence than someone calling me chinny?"

2F84C00700000578-0-image-a-81_1450662610657.jpg

We know where Thebes learned his diplomacy from.

Home of Barca Fans