Jan Vertonghen

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
dcb11c15-d5b0-4a69-bc04-a1ee27f0f5a2_1222616509771-Ajax-Vitesse_Vertonghen_3-0_400_GAH3036.jpg

The versatile Belgian has attracted a lot attention for great 2008/2009 campaign.
He has great technical ability coupled with physical strength and height.

[YOUTUBE]IeKIxAVDF7I[/YOUTUBE]

FlyLo

'great technical ability' is an absurd exageration. He's not nearly good enough for FCB.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
'great technical ability' is an absurd exageration. He's not nearly good enough for FCB.

That's in your opinion and "absurd exaggeration" is also in your opinion, maybe if you watched more eredivisie you would have some sort of idea of the quality this player.
Get you facts right before you start making sweeping statements.

Ish Kabibble

I don't know too much about him, but he seems very promising. I definitely like his size. And the Dutch league always seems to produce a lot of good, young talent. Sounds like he could develop into a fine player. :2145960713mundoemot

FlyLo

That's in your opinion and "absurd exaggeration" is also in your opinion, maybe if you watched more eredivisie you would have some sort of idea of the quality this player.
Get you facts right before you start making sweeping statements.
In fact, I'm Belgian so I know plenty about Vertonghen and the Eredivisie. He's not Barca-material (yet?), end of.

V

Valon

Well you think Dembele is Barca material at least you used to if you don't anymore so I don't know if we can trust you. :p

( I'm not trying to pick up a fight or flame you just joking )

FlyLo

Well you think Dembele is Barca material at least you used to if you don't anymore so I don't know if we can trust you. :p

( I'm not trying to pick up a fight or flame you just joking )
He has (had) the potential to be FCB material but last season he didn't make the progress he should/could have made (progress I expected him to make). He has to score more than 15 goals this season and then move to a bigger club. Otherwise he will never realise his full potential. I just hope he'll finally get played as a striker again and not as a right midfielder.

Vertonghen isn't a bad player (he is quite good really, I'm a real fan of him when he's playing for the national team) but he's simply not FCB material.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

you have to be creative to be fcb material.
Not many belgians are...

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Vertonghen is 'just' a good player. But you have to be a top-class player to play at Barça. Vertonghen's just not good enough in my opinion.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
In fact, I'm Belgian so I know plenty about Vertonghen and the Eredivisie. He's not Barca-material (yet?), end of.

That's what makes it even more shocking, your Belgian and you don't have the foggiest of the quality of a player from your own country. ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No need for getting personal JAB. FlyLo expressed his opinion, thats all. We all try to maintain a friendly atmosphere.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Then what's your opinion on Vertonghen?

Exactly what i wrote in my first post.

No need for getting personal JAB. FlyLo expressed his opinion, thats all. We all try to maintain a friendly atmosphere.

No getting personnel, just don't see why he has to lable the first thing i write as an "absurd exaggeration".My first post was not off the top of my head, I've watched this guy play a lot and what i wrote is what other people have said about him.
Bottom line is Johan cruyff rates him very highly and after watching him a few times you'd see why.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Yeah well he still just gave his opinion which looks to be right aswell mate. He looks abit clumsy to me.

Home of Barca Fans