Jadon Sancho

Yannik

Sancho's level dropped the past 12 months, so not surprised. Dortmund was In a hurry to sell him last summer/Winter.

i dont know what you mean to be honest, Dortmund blocked any sale going from a deadline. And Sanchos level has definitely not dropped, he started slow and has been assisting or scoring every match since January.

FinBarcelonafan

i dont know what you mean to be honest, Dortmund blocked any sale going from a deadline. And Sanchos level has definitely not dropped, he started slow and has been assisting or scoring every match since January.

Dortmund was begging for United to buy him for 120 mils or whatever. Even they know it's a good deal. Now the price is much lower.

Givenchy

The one that got away for City, their Kdb-Chelsea moment

Gotta say I really like the squad United are building, also going for Varane

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Let's see if Sancho can replicate his BuLi performances in the Premier League. Not saying he won't, but the football played in Germany and particularly at Dortmund is very open and end-to-end.

FinBarcelonafan

Let's see if Sancho can replicate his BuLi performances in the Premier League. Not saying he won't, but the football played in Germany and particularly at Dortmund is very open and end-to-end.

True. I'm very skeptical about Germany league now. Way too many players look good there. Just look at Jovic, Dembele, Werner and Paco etc.

Germany league is made for offensive players look good

JamDav1982

Not the same really.

City rated Sancho and wanted him to stay.

Chelsea signed KDB barely trusted him and pissed him off to extent he wanted to leave.

Yannik

Dortmund was begging for United to buy him for 120 mils or whatever. Even they know it's a good deal. Now the price is much lower.

Dortmund had Sanchos contract extended in secret 2 years ago, media didnt even pick up on this for a whole year. One of the key parts was a verbal agreement between them and Sancho that if a "suitable offer" came in, Dortmund would allow him to leave.

Fast forward to 2020, United caught Sanchos eye and Dortmund named their demands:
- 120m
- in cash, no installments, no addons, no paying over several years. 120m in a single paymemt
- this offer expires within 10 days after the transfer window opens.

After United couldnt gather the money within 10 days, they sold some players and finally kept bidding 95m, 100m, 105m till mid September. Dortmund didnt even pick up the phone. They were not even in contact with United anymore. Even in the 10 days, the Dortmund bosses were just sending intermediaries instead of talking in person to Woodward and delay communication, just in case United would have actually had the 120m lying around somewhere.

Also the "secret contract extension" wasnt even known by the media or United who all still thought Sanchos contract would expire in 2022 and therefor Dortmund would surely get weak knees at anything around 100m since he be worth just 60 a year later going into his last year of contract. Watzke nochalantly dropped the news on 10th August, the exact day Uniteds deadline expired.

This whole drama was essentially a set up fail. Dortmund had sorta fulfilled their agreement with Sancho and his agent so that he wont strike, while full on knowing United had just about no realistic chance to ever get this deal done. They never planned to sell him that summer.

Last edited:

Mateka

72.9 m pounds says Mirror.

Payments of 9.74m pounds, which will come directly from the transfer fee United pay to Dortmund upon the completion of the move, to City.

City are also in line for a solidarity payment of 1.46m pounds thanks to the part they played in Sancho’s development.

His very first club, Watford - where he spent the ages of 12 to 15 - are also set to net a 2.19m pounds solidarity payment for the same reason.
Telegraph

Andresito

Staff member
True. I'm very skeptical about Germany league now. Way too many players look good there. Just look at Jovic, Dembele, Werner and Paco etc.

Germany league is made for offensive players look good

Kagawa and Mkhitaryan as well. Shinji produced 13 goals and 12 assists when United bought him. Mkhitaryan on 11G+20A.

Now I'm sure Sancho is a much better player than these two so I don't really doubt he'll be a bigger success. But he might not produce Salah type of numbers in PL like he's done in Germany, but let's see.

Home of Barca Fans